[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: corona diktatur.jpg (265 KB, 1536x2048)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
We really live in the worst timeline.
We could have had:
>God games
They would be the perfect solution to citybuilders being too easy and not challenging enough.
>Dungeon Management
I think this genre has an extreme amount of potential. DOTA became it's own genre, separate from RTS games. Dungeon Management games would appeal to casual RTS players, who don't want to directly control their units, but still have basebuilding. It's kinda the inversion of a MOBA, if you think about it from the perspective of an RTS.
>Stealth games
Adding mandatory stealth sections to action games maybe gave stealth games a bad reputation. I don't know, if that is true. But there is a lot of demand for the game. People created The Dark Mod, which is a fan-made game inspired by Thief and the latter gets fan missions to this day. People love stealth.
>Immersive Sims
I don't think it's an actual genre. But I would include it, because Immersive Sims were supposed to inspire their own genre of games. If we were in a better timeline, we would look back at these games now and call them Inspirations for the Trve Immersive Sims, which came afterwards.

How do we bring them back?
>>
>>683683431
Bu
>>
File: 1652666674924.png (2.9 MB, 1024x1022)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>Simple Doom/Serious Sam Shooter
>NOT modern 2.5D "Boomer Shooter" games with dozens of weapons, systems, combos, and puzzles that turn the game into a Character Action game like DMC (blinking red enemies you have to freeze, you must use napalm to rebuild your armor, do 3 headshots in a row to refill shields).
>A big open area, waves of monsters running at you, and you have a minigun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.