[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have speculative investors ruined the retro game market?
>>
>>683683812
No, but they are part of the problem. The other problems:
>companies not re-releasing their older games
>youtubers and other e-celebs making it seem like older video games are rare and/or valuable
>media outlets hyping up those grade game sales, ex. 'SMB1 just sold for 3 million dollars'
>increase in people playing video games (more people than before, video games becoming more socially acceptable hobbies)
>inflation
>encouragement of get-rich-quick schemes targeting the fringes of nerdy communities like with NFTs, crypto currencies, sneakers, Pokemon cards, etc.
And of course investors on top of all this.
>>
>>683683812
Do you really need to buy a sealed 30 years old game? Just get the cartridge
>>
>>683684683
anon, some people are niggers. and like all niggers, they need to do stupid shit. some of them might even be white.
>>
>>683684683
Do you really think the purpose of buying this is to play it?
>>
>>683683812
Retards that refuse to emulate and retards that unironically collect american localized versions of the product, not even the original one, ruined the retro game market.
Imagine buying a fucking decades old game in 2024 in your 20s/30s/40s+ and STILL not being able to comprehend the original language of the fucking thing that you are a fan of.
>>
>>683684834
What is it then?
>>
>>683685037
What's sad is that collectors have moved onto buying up the cheap JP copies now when they can't even play them, just because they're cheaper. I'm glad I bought every game worth owning back when they were cheaper, I paid like 10 bucks for Made in Wario and 5 bucks for Korokoro Kirby.
>>
Who gives a shit?

I can emulate nearly any 2D game on my phone, and 3d on my pc
>>
>>683685074
money laundering
>>
>>683683812
Investors ruin everything. Literally all they life for is to make a buck. It's a hollow existence and they know no higher pleasure than to watch the numbers go up. Most major world religions have warned us against people like this for the last few millenia.
>>
why would i want to buy someone else's childhood gift?
i cherish the things that someone gave me, not because of what they are, but because they thought of something to get for me
>>
>>683685074
Same reason people constantly buy and sell NFTS and famous paintings, retard.
>>
>>683683812
Boomers kicked down the ladeder on anything like ahous ebeing affordable ever again so all milenials have is rebuying their childhood.
>>
>>683685149
It's never gonna be as perfect as real hardware when it comes to cartridges. Even flashcarts cause glitches.

The only consoles purists can play perfectly without buying official games are disc based consoles
>>
>>683685329
>AAA ahhhh THERES A GLITCH ON A TEXTURE!!!!!

IM GoING INSAAaNNeEe
>>
>>683685392
I'm not being funny recently ez flash released a ds flashcart and games lagged, one game bricked the cartridge, games crashed etc etc

I'm not sure how it's ridiculous to you know want to play a game without any crashes or bugs
>>
>>683685329
One day I'm going to shoot you with my nail cartridges you fucking tranny.
>>
>>683685329
outdated info
"disc based consoles" are now the ones that are poorer accuracy and require the real hardware
fpga's parallelization has succeeded software emulation, and some may, rightly, say succeeded the original hardware itself
>>
>>683685529
The fpga shit is retarded, the mister is a glitchy piece of shit lmao and flashcarts are still glitchy as hell (ez flash parellel crashing/bugs/slowndown)

>>683685495
Alright faggot
>>
>>683685074
You buy it to try and sell it to someone else for money, who tries to sell it to someone else for more money, who tries to sell it to someone else for more money
>>
>>683685468
Hey tranny, did you know there are actual games out there that crash on actual hardware revisions? You should definitely never look up anything like the sound output on the different models of the Sega Genesis, which completely changes every single game on the system.
>>
>>683685529
Oh I misread your fucking post. I'm talking about burning discs vs flashcarts

Consoles with full burn disc exploits play burned discs perfectly, flashcarts don't play perfectly, that what I meant
>>
>>683685598
I'm well aware of this, I'm not a tranny and not sure why ur projecting, and nearly every console has an optimal hardware revision so it's a completely mute point
>>
>>683685598
For example the ps2 slims have major compatibility issues, but you can use mechapwn on a scph-5000x fat ps2 console and burn perfect discs so why does it matter lmao
>>
>>683685606
>flashcarts don't play perfectly
Unless you want to play a fucking shogi game from 30 years ago, they do. The number of issues with modern ODEs and flashcarts can be counted on one hand.

>>683685641
>>683685743
>nearly every console has an optimal hardware revision
Oh man, shut the fuck up tranny. You literally don't know what you're on about, go look up the SNES 1-chip video output, which is vastly superior to the 2 chip, but because it's a licensed clone console, there are about a dozen games that have graphical and sound issues.
>>
File: 29e.jpg (10 KB, 217x320)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
FIFTY THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS!?
>>
>>683685904
Ez Flash parallel released like 8 months ago, certain roms brick the cart, roms crash, and mainstream nintendo titles have major lag you don't know anything

>>683685904
You're fucking retarded lol, the 1 chip vs 2 chip are from official nintendo revisions of the snes. It's obvious the early revision of the snes is the one used for debugging and therefore that will be the one without bugs of glitches. Not hard to figure out is it nigga?
>>
>>683685989
>Ez Flash parallel
One shitty chink product that performs worse than 10 year old flashcarts is hardly even worth talking about. The 3DS has been wide open longer than you've been alive.

>official nintendo revisions
That don't obey the same specifications, because the 1-chip is a budget clone version made on the cheap. Like I said, it's a licensed clone console, no different to a NOAC. The 2-chip has a vastly inferior video output, for the few games with glitches it's the only "authentic" choice, for the rest of the library the 1-chip is far better. Neither are worth using in the modern day where you can get 1-chip visuals with 2-chip compatibility.
>>
>>683686196
Snes games were designed and meant to be played on sdtv crts with composite cables, you're not even meant to be able to see distinguishable pixels. The games were tested on the original snes revisions, they dont have added bugs on the original snes revisions and they're meant to look like the original snes revisions.

I don't care about more sharpness you can't even see on actual proper video hardware and is inauthentic anyway
>>
>>683686425
>with composite cables
Stop spreading this bs, RGB SCART was widespread in Japanese and European TVs by the 90s. It's only Americans who were decades behind the curve.
>>
>>683686559
That is completely untrue. I live in Europe and all the consoles up to even the 7th gen (yes ps3) came with scart to composite adapters and composite cables.

The games were tested by developers with composite cables, and nearly 98% of all consumers or more used composite or rf.

Games used dithering, transparency and blending effects that only work on composite or rf

Even in 2008 sonic team had big consumer crt setups that were connected with composite cables
youtube.com/watch?v=iOdbCCWhjAo
>>
>>683686761
>I live in Europe and all the consoles up to even the 7th gen (yes ps3) came with scart to composite adapters and composite cables.
This is because it was cheaper to sell composhit. You could go into any game store and buy a real SCART cable, they just didn't come in the box.

>>The games were tested by developers with composite cables,
This never really happened. Every dev shot shows them testing on high end monitors.
>>
>>683686559
Only some European crts had rgb scart in the 80s, and even in the 90s and 2000s when it was widespread people didn't give a shit about cables. People have very little frame of reference to decide to upgrade, they wouldn't of known about superior cables.

Rgb Scart was so little used that tvs actually didn't even display it properly, it was always shifted to the left, this issue was literally only fixed in the 2000s and only on Trinitrons.
>>
File: switchbox.png (231 KB, 356x440)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>683686893
You can literally see in that video retard they use the monitors for development, making art assets and programming and then switch to the consumer crts connected with composite to see what it looks like for consumers. There are 18 consumer crts in that video.

You can literally see a video switcher box with 4 sets of composite cables plugged in
>>
File: 1693720170352157.png (1.1 MB, 780x780)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>683684683
>Do you really need to buy a sealed 30 years old game? Just get the cartridge
>noooooooooooo HOW CAN YOU VALUE SOMETHING FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD HOW CAN SOMETHING FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD HAVE THIS MUCH VALUE IN THE REAL WORLD
literally, women or underage moment.
>>
>>683686761
You know people can easily debunk your bullshit story with a quick google search, right? It was literally decreed by LAW that every TV sold in France from 1980 must have a SCART connector. And it didn't make sense for manufacturer's to sell one model in France, and a different one in other European countries.
>>
No, North American derangement has.
>>
>>683687347
>It was literally decreed by LAW that every TV sold in France from 1980 must have a SCART connector.
let's be honest, that sounds like a german law not something you frogs came up.
>>
>>683684683
I don't buy games to play them retard
>>
>>683683812
>Grading bidya gaem.
These people should be shot
>>
>>683685074
To display to everyone how much of a retard you are.
>>
>>683683812
There are tons of used games no need to buy mint 10/10 unoponed untouched games
>>
>>683684683
Do you really need a cartridge? Just emulate them.
>>
Problem are the normalfags who want to sell their/their kid's old games, google what they might be worth, find some idealized transaction that has been a fringe case, money laundering or about some rare specific edition/release r total mint condition, and then they decide that if they will sell their opened and weathered copy without original manual at the same price or not at all.
>>
>>683687347
But that's literally the case. I live in the UK and we got different sets to other countries, Eastern Europe had different sets to Western Europe.

Great you use your google search and I'll use you know the fact I have actual access to European crts?

And what fucking difference does it make, RGB scart cables were made for consoles but they weren't used widely. The games were tested on composite and they were played on composite
>>
>>683687907
>But that's literally the case. I live in the UK and we got different sets to other countries
you guys are very special also the reason jews are allowed to do what they do, but west europe all use the same DIN and Norms you tard bong cuck.
>>
I'm a 34 year old and I think that emulating is fine, I use an oled with a crt filter when I play old shit.
The only thing is you need is a proper controller. If you play Zelda 64, use the official Nintendo 64 controller on the Nintendo shop. Same with sega genesis, ps1/2/3 (dualshock 3 had the pressure sensitive face buttons but dualshock 4 doesnt), or even arcade sticks
>>
>>683687848
No, the problem is middle man parasites who buy shit cheap and resell it high.
>>
>>683688098
I don't know why you Americans are so obsessed with rgb scart. It's not the intended or authentic look.
>>
>>683685074
To re-re-re-re-re-re-resell it to some other sucker before the retard carousel stops and they’re left holding the bag.
>>
>>683685126
>they can't even play them
skill issue
>>
>itt: commies with no sense of time, history or value begging for gibs because they have no disposable income

let me guess. don't even own your home?
>>
>>683683812
>$4.25 economy international shipping
Fucking kikes I swear.
>>
Americans turn everything into a grift, truly soulless people.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.