[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1927.png (574 KB, 514x531)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
Was Dr. Breen actually a villain?
>>
Literally who.
>>
>>683684631
FULLY
>>
>>683684631
Mrs. Breen, leader of the transhuman forces
>>
>>683684631
Not a villain but a henchman.
Or maybe a negotiator but the Combine's motives are too poorly written to know for sure.
>>
>>683685042
MODELLED
>>
>>683685042
FERNS
>>
>>683684631
>Look Gordon, I turned myself into a Brazilian tranny!
>>
>>683685571
>Make fun of the ferns
>Live in East Yurop
>Go outside
>More abandoned parts of the city have just as much ferns everywhere
I'll never admit to it being accurate, I'll keep making fun of it.
>>
File: 1716690593574516.webm (3.87 MB, 1706x720)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
>>683685042
>>683685328
>>683685571
Why is it bad for HL2 to have fully modeled vaginas, but it's ok when Skyrim does it?
>>
>>683684631
shitposting aside Breen is a fantastic character. He *literally* saved humanity, caused enslavement yes but humanity would have been wiped out if not for Breen communicating and also pointing out humans had teleportation technology. Factor in Mossman being a double agent, meaning Breen knew how Eli/Kliner’s teleportation redevelopment was progressing, and was already replicating their work at Nova Prospekt, but he had eyes on humanities best bargaining chip with the combine is the point. Would he of sold out humanity again if the red letter day went as planned? Potentially, but his actions in the 7 hour war at least bought everyone time.
Hell the only reason HL2’s plot even kicked off is because Gordon just happened to of teleported directly into his office during an advisor meeting, literally showing a eldritch middle manager that humanity had teleportation technology ready again. Breen gets even more interesting with the BreenGrub notes, which I hope will still get used come HL3

>>683685307
>motive poorly
they literally just want teleportation tech that Black Mesa made in 1998, it’s much better than their tech.
>>
>>683686560
because you can have sex mods in skyrim
>>
>>683684631
Maybe you should make up your own mind actually sorry no wait until I drop a 7 hour video essay brought to you by audible trial.
>>
>>683684631
Breen if he FtM
>>
>>683688113
>just want teleportation tech
Then why invade a planet, subdue the population with overwhelming force and drain the oceans of water if you just want some tech?
Combine are comically written villains.
>>
>>683689849
>invade planet with overwhelming force for 7 hours
>literally fuck off and leave behind a garrison at best
>garrison supported via feeding humans into it, suppressing their own species for privileges and being physical/mentally augmented as promoted
>drain the ocean because fuck it everyone needs water, but slowly overtime to keep population alive long enough to finish developing the teleporter
idk seems like a solid and in-character plan made by inter-dimensional bean counters too me.
>>
>>683684631
he's a character that can't be put into one box. he bought time for humanity but also condemned them to slavery. he was given the option to end it all quickly or let history slowly die out in a miserable flame and he chose the latter. while this does give the resistance some time to fight back i doubt that was his intention, so i'm not sure whether i'd count that one on his side. i think he genuinely believes what he is doing is good though, considering how he doesn't drop the act when privately addressing gordon in the citadel
him poking fun at gordon being mute will never not be funny
>>
yes he is 100% a villain. valve clearly was not interested in portraying a world weary collaborator trying to stall the combine for the best outcome. he's a craven sociopath that cackles about torturing eli and feels up a restrained woman he knew as a kid. That moral greyness would have just undermined the 1984 people's revolution thing they were going for.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.