[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711241313266321.png (6 KB, 117x147)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
why are gacha games so popular?
>>
>why is gambling popular
>>
Western and even regular Japanese games are making a point of adding the ugly girls to everything. Plus piracy is over. People are naturally looking for alternatives: free games with sexy girls.
>>
>cute jpegs that are good fuel for doujins
>if you actually care about the game, you can play it for free because there will always be some autist dropping ¥1000000 a month
>>
>>683689848
>shower you with resources at the start to hook you into the ecosystem and hopefully get bought in
>once the free samples are done and your resources become sparse, arbitrary dailies and weeklies ensure you keep coming back to avoid having your initial buy-in go to waste
>some kind of pvp element or leaderboard system gives paypigs the ultimate satisfaction as they can brute force their way to the top with deep enough pockets
>continuous stream of new characters tugs at feelings of fomo, hard to wean yourself off
>gambling is naturally addictive
>cute girls/boys who are (usually) made just for (you) appeals to lowest common denominator
>communities are very active; fanart, music, comics, injokes, etc. make people feel like they are a part of something big even if it is just glorified gambling with the bare minimum for gameplay attached
>>
>>683692414
>gacha
>free
jej
>>
File: 1694586331711977.gif (1.17 MB, 350x335)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
>>683689848
>character design
>low / no skill requirement
>presentation
>free to start
>ads are fucking everywhere
>>
>>683689848
They have pretty girls. It's literally that simple.
>>
>>683694815
>t. Never played a gacha in his life
>>
>>683689926
Sold with sex. Money is very sexual, because it's the only thing that makes a girl drink
>>
File: 1698107534373070.png (734 KB, 1102x1784)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
>>683689848
So I can keep up with updates and talk about them on the senegalese snake charming forum + my girlfriend
It hits like an MMO but without having to autistically grind daily
>>
>>683689848
It's slot machines with extra gameification.

I unironically like FGOs gameplay I can turn my brain off and tap cards. The writings ok don't let them blow smoke up your ass. Never spend money unless it's on one of their guaranteed results events once a year
>>
I hate gachas because my favorite youtuber told me it was gambling even though you can get free currency and get any character you want for free. Not to mention it is way less predatory than battle passes western games do. But hey surely there is not an underlying motive to cripple asian game industry to sğread the woke agenda no sir!!!
>>
it exploits the same retards that would normally be gambling, but has easier access and less restrictions
>>
>>683697226
No need to self report anon
>>
Dont forget to do your dailes goy
>>
Gave up on Gacha after I saved up and pulled the anniversary units in Dokkan. Almost 2K stones spent and I felt nothing having the new units in my box. Just play "premium" games now.
>>
>>683697368
I'm Jewish. I like when you can buy the gacha items from others. Because these fucks spend like $100,000 on hats and sunglasses, they're so fucking cool. I couldn't buy one, the bop gachas aren't cool. They also look worse, all it means is he's rich. When they're boe, you can't tell he bought it. He might've actually played the game. It's fine to just pay to skip to the end, that's what they like to do.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.