[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cutscene.jpg (63 KB, 1200x569)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
What makes cutscenes so uninteresting now?
>>
boring/bad writing. that or the gameplay is just so fun that the story becomes an afterthought to the player.
>>
>>683692384
Devs realized it was cheaper to slap some cutscenes together with characters just talking than creating interesting gameplay. Basically instead of a treat they became filler.
>>
>>683692384
>now
They were always bad but youre 14 now and just started to notice
>>
>>683692384
Always have been
>>
>>683692384
>Finally! A cutscene
words uttered my absolutely no one
>>
>>683692384
>must be the microtransactions...
>>
>>683692384
Too many of them
>>
>>683692384
I feel like cutscenes are badly directed nowadays. Most of them are mere talking heads, no character blocking or cinematography techniques applied with stuff like sweeping camera shots, unique camera angles or whatnot, etc. Hell, look at The Last of Us 2, it's supposed to be the pinnacle of cinematic games but the cutscenes are dry as shit and whoever's in charge of the cutscenes had no idea how to edit stuff other than cut to black, no other editing techniques.
>>
>>683692652
It makes sense for some JRPG's. You've been going through a dungeon without a save for nearly an hour, then you turn a corner and a cutscene plays, that means you're near the end and there will probably be a savepoint and a boss after that cutscene.
>>
File: millennial writing.jpg (40 KB, 634x356)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>683692384
>>
>>683692384
Because a lot of AAA games these days are designed to be
>traversal with dialogue
>cutscene
>walking or scaling a tightly spaced area (all automated) with dialogue
>cutscene
>carry something heavy or push a heavy object with dialogue
>cutscene
>gameplay section that lasts exactly 56 seconds
>cutscene
>>
>>683692652
you never played pc games
>>
>>683694985
I played Max Payne 2 and skipped every cutscene
>>
Adhd bitch
>>
File: lies at the top.jpg (295 KB, 1066x1600)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
Real niggas were clowning on cutscenes thirty years ago
>>
>>683695390
it would be easy to make the joke that those two statements contradict each other.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.