[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696725778684671.png (1.05 MB, 845x676)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
I played Fall Guys yesterday with some friends and they've somehow managed to completely suck the fun of the game out. I don't know exactly what combination of things it is but there is no joy left in that game. It's sad and kind of impressive at the same time. They even added a 'help me' gimmick that lets you piggyback on other players which I think is both funny and useful, yet the game still feels fucked.

Anyone else played it recently? We also tried Stumble Guys since it's somehow more popular now and it's absolute dogshit. No idea how the Steam player numbers are like 4-5x that of Fall Guys
>>
My friend and I used to play it every day until just after it went free to play. It went to shit real fast.
>>
>>683693628
>>683693703
What changed?
>>
>>683696206
They went free-to-play, removed crowns as the highest tier of currency (which you earned by winning games) and introduced map creation tools - players could make maps which would then be featured in the main playlists.

I'm not sure why these changes alone would kill it - but it really feels fundamentally joyless now. Maybe the devaluation/ removal of crowns is the biggest factor.
>>
>>683696427
Does the game not have stats that track the times you first placed?
>>
>>683696567
It didn't used to - I used to use crowns as a vague guide since I didn't spend them too much

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.