[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1079.jpg (151 KB, 1632x838)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Satya nadella has sold Xbox and now you own it.
How do you go about saving the brand?
>>
I know how to save it but I don't want to give this shitty company any ideas
>>
File: chudcel.png (254 KB, 1103x604)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>683694365
Kill every non-white non-heterosexual non-cis employee. Chuds made the best games and we need them to regain power
>>
>>683694459
They don't read what random autist posts on 4chan
>>
>>683694365
Can't. Consoles are dying. Only the stupidest adults play on consoles, and they only buy a handful of games, mostly sports titles and over budgeted AAA shit that is blatantly unsustainable. Kids don't bother with consoles, and have a waning interest in vidya in general.
>>
>>683694879
Eh really, the ps5 is selling as much as the ps4. Though the xbone is slowly declining. And we do not know wether the switch 2 will flop or not.
>>
>>683695546
>Eh really, the ps5 is selling as much as the ps4
But what do people actually buy? Sports shit, nuGoW and RDR2.
>>
>>683694365
They can't save Xbox, its dead.

The problem is it's a public company fixated with constant growth and with woke investors, and this means trying to appeal to people outside of the 15-55 male demographic who want sexy women and violence.

The overton window has to change for them to be able to be good again, same problem with hollywood movies and tv shows.
>>
>>683694365
People have this idea that things just keep getting better, this is not correct. They reach a peak, then fall. The peak was 15 years ago.
>>
>>683694459
You can rest assured Xbox has been repeatedly told how to save itself before and Phil Spencer absorbed none of that information.
>>
>>683694365
add pronoun requirements to all xbox games
>>
>>683695795
>The problem is it's a public company fixated with constant growth and with woke investors, and this means trying to appeal to people outside of the 15-55 male demographic who want sexy women and violence.
please be a meme post
please be a meme post
please be a meme post and not the most clueless guy on the planet
>>
>>683696047
you don't want sexy women and violence?
>>
File: IMG_1087.jpg (683 KB, 2196x1445)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
>>683695670
They are spending less money on games but more money on micro transactions
>>
>>683695795
> 15-55 male demographic who want sexy women and violence.
Sexy women don’t sell, violence yes but Xbox already has a lot of that
>>
I liquidate all studios that haven't turned a significant profit in the last 3 years. Keep the cream, roll them all into a single studio dedicated to producing simple games. Gamepass dies
>>
>>683696119
I have to wonder how much of that number is made up of Fortnite purchases.
>>
File: IMG_1088.png (74 KB, 709x399)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>683696212
At least half imo
>>
File: 1694654330558283.png (156 KB, 600x338)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>683696191
>Sexy women don’t sell
You are a retard. Literally the easiest way to sell absolutely anything is to have a sexy woman attached to it in some way. Resident Evil 8 had mainstream penetration specifically because it had a tall sexy woman as its mascot. The previous season of anime's most popular new show was all about a sexy girls fondling each other. The most notable PS5 release this year was built around a sexy chick in skimpy outfits.
>>
>>683696432
I'd bet the other half is mostly CoD microtransactions.
>>
>>683696194
>liquidate all studios that haven't turned a significant profit in the last 3 years
you shutter xbox itself for spending $100 billion on studio acquisitions, tough call but smartest post itt
>>
>>683696452
No. Most of the popular games on earth don’t really use sexy women as a selling point.
> The most notable PS5 release this year was built around a sexy chick in skimpy outfits.
And it sold less than 1 million units your point.
>>
>>683694365
I would do the industry some good and spin off most of the studios and publishers they bought into their own companies again.
>>
>>683696759
remimder that stellar blade devalued to $40 new within three months
>>
File: IMG_1090.jpg (1.1 MB, 1137x1264)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>683696759
And previous season anime
>who?
Seriously. WHO? My god weebs are living on an alternative planet, even with the 360 sexy games didn’t sell. I have had an Xbox one s for 8 years never saw one sexy game do well. Shooters sell on Xbox but that’s it.

Hypercharge unboxed sold 100k units in a month almost as much as on steam and that game was out on steam for 7 years.
>>
>>683697043
The game didn’t do well despite the weeb cope.
>>
>>683697253
not weeb cope, it's a Korean game

this was culture warrior cope, a fat retard named mark kern wants to cum when he plays video games and he was big mad about the demons in his head telling him to keep his hands out of his pants while he plays video games
>>
They have to create a new paradigm.

Xbox Surface Tab becomes the living room PC. It is AI based. Connects to any screen you are near, which is always. You just talk to it. Yes you can use mouse and keyboard, but it's easier to just talk to it.

This is fantasy land, so the AI is broken into one built into the tab, doesn't track any data, used for simple system commands. And an ai that is cloud based that is more for creative use and you pay for that.

It is a switch and a DS. It's a home console that is actually portable, it should be powerful enough to run games natively. The dream scenario is lag free wireless full hd gaming. But maybe you just get Series S quality without a cord. But it is also a DS because you can use it on a big TV and have a second screen in your hands.

It brings the concept of the Kinect to full fruition. This is their Xbox On moment. You really can talk to Cortana now. And it's even slicker with AI. They can even bring back Kinect Sports and turn it into the Wii Sports it wants to be.

This device brings it all home with a remote control, not a controller. They don't even ship it with a controller, they just assume you have one or you can go buy one. (Partly because Xbox takes a back seat and it's sold as a computer first, with Xbox being the killer app support role). Instead it comes with a wiimote that also has the steam touchpad and a mic on it. This is your magic wand, think the architect from the matrix.

This is how they win. They reinvent the computer and the Xbox comes with it. Eventually even conquering steam as the living room PC tablet becomes the standard that overtakes the tradition PC.
>>
>>683698947
One fun nightmare/dream scenario within this. They start adding normie mode to games. You can play Halo with a classic gameplay system and a controller. But you can also play what is fundamentally a light gun game with choose your own adventure options as an AI does all the other stuff for you....

But I really like the magic wand. They have all this asset work done in Kinect Sports, to add physical controls with a wand and leaning into the Wii sports phenomenon. Trust me, it's time again. I just want to golf, bowl etc... and with better controls through tech advancements. Launching with this game is a zeitgeist moment.
>>
>>683699638
Wish they didn’t can the technology
>>
>>683694365
I'd turn around and sell it to the Chinks. What the fuck do I care about Xbox?
>>
>>683699754
I get that Kinect died. But I also enjoyed Kinect Sports a lot. It was no Wii sports though. The lack of the wand and tracking tech at the time limited it in major ways. I know there is a cost benefit to the bell curve of demand over time. I just don't get why Wii sports doesn't come back. Its been 20 years. The well that had run dry was ignored and replenished itself.
>>
>>683700439
Nintendo did make switch sports and that sold 11 million units.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.