[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7670.jpg (191 KB, 1023x995)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>game let’s you pick between two completely different protagonists for the same story
>is still unique for each play through somehow

Can’t really think of any other stories where they feel so different depending on who you pick. As opposed to most games where it’s just “pick girl or boy” and the dialogue and such is exactly the same just with different pronouns.

It’s interesting too because nothing in the game I saw actually tells you there will be a difference in gameplay based on the character you pick but there is. Story wise and gameplay wise

Corvo is a grizzled man in his fifties and is much stronger than his daughter Emily. He’s a seasoned killer. His execution animations are noticeably quicker than Emily’s so if you’re going for a messy kill run then he’s the best character for it.

Emily chokes people out quicker, has different basic powers than corvo (they do the same thing, just in a different way that’s unique and has an added bonus). So her character is preferred for a non letha, stealth run

Depending on who you choose, you’re either playing a father who is super experienced and on a revenge mission to rescue his daughter. Or a naive inexperienced girl in her early twenties who has to deal with a lot of shit she was sheltered from even with corvo’s training

I particularly liked how much different dialogue they recorded for them both. Not only for the different characters seeing stuff and commenting on it. But even having different comments depending on whether you’re on a low chaos or high chaos run. With both becoming more and more cynical and aggressive on high chaos, and more measured and calm on low chaos

I’ve seen people claim the game was “built to be played as Emily” but it has a better story for Corvo IMO. Certainly doesn’t feel tacked on like the recent assassins creed male/female options,
>>
I liked dishonored.

Stupidest story and casting decisions ever killed the franchise for me

>fantastic voice actor for the Outsider, this completely stoic neutral character who is not good or evil and is just observing what you do with the powers he gave you
>sequel recasts him with penguin from Gotham tv show, no reason given. Even though original actor still voiced him in the trailer for the second game so clearly they did actually record him still
>the secret sister twist for the main villain of 2 was laughable and soap opera tier
>they decide to explain in detail who the outsider is and was instead of leaving him as the super interesting mystery that needs no explanation
>entire Death of the Outsider story destroyed the most interesting parts of the setting.
>dishonored 3 would be pointless to make given how the plot ended so not sure why people even want it
>deathloop is in the future of the dishonored universe and story was terrible
>>
File: 1721865877789597m.jpg (90 KB, 1024x1024)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>683695708
Why did the sequel to this replace both main characters with a nigger instead?

1 and 2 were great, never picked up blackedhonoured
>>
>>683696248
It was a DLC not a sequel but yeah I didn’t like it either.
>>
>>683696536
wasn't it standalone
>>
I always found it weird that the church in that game (Abbey of the Everyman) was so massively vilified and what on by the main characters, even though they know for a fact that their primary teachings are actually completely true
>>
>>683697484
Don’t remember, but I do remember it being about a third the length of the normal games at most. So if it was a sequel it was a pretty pathetic one
>>
>>683695708
>Both Characters play completely differently with totally unique mechanics between them
>Both Characters have completely different motivations and widely different tone to everything they do
>Still mostly the same game with some unique locations and bosses unique to each protagonist
>>
>>683696228
>sequel recasts him with penguin from Gotham tv show, no reason given. Even though original actor still voiced him in the trailer for the second game so clearly they did actually record him still
c'mon man
you know exactly why he got replaced
>>
>>683699958
Why? They already had a star studded cast for the first game bizarrely. No need to make the cheap actor the fans loved go in favour of some lame tv actor

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.