[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dothack.png (888 KB, 570x809)
888 KB
888 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l15AFUuaoQ
Anons I NEED a modern .hack game
>>
>>683696954
This has been on my backlog for a while. Shill it to me?
>>
>>683697262
It's an offline mmo game where events in the game within the game cause problems in real life such as people falling into coma and the answers to solving this are in the game.
It's a good premise but it fails to deliver on it really hard, IMOQs not that good people only remember the good parts that is the first disc and GU streamlined hard which resulted in a more consistent experience than extreme highs of infections and extreme lows of quarantine.
It's an alright series I guess, it was way cooler back then when I first played the game I didn't have an internet connection yet I was amazed at the little news sections in the OS menu which is just normal thing on the internet these days.
>>
Sex with Mia
>>
>>683696954
One of my very favorite game series.
>>
>>683698048
Dude me too I loved the out of game real world interface of those games for that exact reason as a kid.
I've been thinking of going through the entire dothack series and this solidifies it
>>
>>683696954
I love these games, whenever Haseo summoned Skeith I’d do the chant in-time trying my best (and failing) to replicate Sakurai’s deliver down to faux-yelling “ スケィス” at the end
>>
>>683697262
Its part of a multi media franchise that spans from anime, manga, LN, to video game about a popular VR MMO where the main dev went rouge and the other devs don't know how to control their game all while people are falling into a coma from playing it.

Each piece of media is pretty much stand alone with a couple being a prequel to the games but if you want to know more about the world, there's a ton of lore and background information. The games were really interesting because they captured early 2000's internet culture as the game tells its story from different perspectives. Inside the MMO, the actual fake internet with is own message board, and new sites.

The only down side is the gameplay, especially the first series Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine, is really dated. Even hardcore fans will admit it. Also the games are broken up into parts but they're basically 1 game split up. IMOQ being 4 parts which was about 20 ish hours at the most each and GU in OP's pic is 3 parts plus a 4th part the remaster introduced.

Didn't mean to make this post long but also want to mention this series has god tier OST and atmosphere.
>>
>>683700672
>>683698048
Thanks bros. Probably gonna emulate it.
>>
>>683701558
Just pirate the PC version?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.