[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>player should feel bad for making game fun
>why?
>because killing is... le bad
>>
>look at all these cool powers!
>no, you can't use them
OK.
>>
I don't feel bad when playing high chaos though
>>
>>683697593
>feel cheated and get mad because the brief perfunctory slideshow at the end of the game has a negative message

Honestly, what does it matter? And why is it only Dishonored that's held to this standard? I don't see anyone complaining about how, for example, supporting the Illuminati in Deus Ex will give you a "bad" unheroic ending.
>>
>>683699057
I don't remember that in Deus Ex your playstyle and gameplay affected the whole narrative of the story.
>>
>>683697593
>>683697856
>>683697861
>>683699057
>>683700491
>THE GAME MUST GIVE ME FUN 24/7. FUN FUN FUN. ME CAVEMAN, ME NO LIKE STORY.
>>
File: 1694797080699045.png (247 KB, 720x660)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>683697593
Go play back alley brawl then.
>>
>>683699057
Isn't it bad game design when you incentivise the player to use a non-lethal playstyle for story reasons but then all the skills and upgrades enhance the experience of a lethal playstyle?
>>
>>683697593
>be you
>retard
>play immersive sim
>your actions have consequences
>game tells you your actions have consequences
>get mad
Again, you people are fucking retards
>>
>>683701102
If you cannot stay your hand for a better future and are drawn to the temptation of violence, who's fault is it?
>>
Neither ending is particularly memorable so you shouldn't build your play style around it.
>>
>>683697593
IMO, the problem wasn't the morality system affecting the final mission and ending. I actually found that pretty cool, and added some replay value to a short game. Rather, the real issue was there was most of the available tools and powers tended to favor lethal play, leading to some players being accidentally skewed towards high chaos without even trying to, and for low chaos runs to lack in variety gameplay-wise.
>>
>>683701768
>>683700561
>yeah it's fine to not have any tools and skills (besides obvious crossbow with sleep arrows) if you actually want to have a good ending
>>
>>683701102
What it incentivises is a matter of perspective. I could say the system does just as much to incentivise lethal for people who want the dark ending. The complaint comes from people who choose see that ending as a punishment or as a bronze medal, which is a problem they've created for themselves. Their opinion would hold some water if high chaos caused you to miss out on content or unlockables, but it doesn't. It only affects the trivial slideshow at the end and some lines of dialogue. More than anything else that incentivises a second playthrough using the alternative approach, which is of course the real purpose of it.
>>
I wonder if we'll ever get to see games move past this moralist cocksucker preachy bullshit. It's been done so much that I can't believe the reiteration of the same message over and over is anything more than propaganda.
>>
File: 873.jpg (109 KB, 600x678)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>683703169
>the temptation of power by an evil god and men ordering me to kill giving me highly lethal weaponry is too much ooooooouuuuuuggggggghhhhhh
Retard
>>
One of the best games ever made. Excellent world building, a simple plot you can easily invest yourself in, fun gameplay, great art direction. Shame that its legacy is 2 mediocre sequels and a slew of identical, retarded /v/ threads.
>>
this enrages and filters the retards

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.