[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1414.jpg (14 KB, 228x221)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>long race, fucked up on lap 2
>go into ultra instinct mode, make it to lap 3 untouched
>1st place is in sight
>boost, catch up, dead even now
>last sharp corner before the final stretch
>guitar solo on the music track starts intensifying
>hands get a little sweaty
>bump into first place driver on the turn
>not much life left but there’s no choice now
>hit the boost, neck and neck with the other driver
>explode as you’re crossing the finish line
>first place

Anybody else miss these feels? I know f zero isn’t that popular but 20 years is too long. Wipeout was good but just not the same. I’ve been playing redout 2 and it’s really good, better than wipeout in my opinion. But I just miss F zero
>>
You can't improve GX
>>
>>683701915
Believe me, I understand that. GX was absolute perfection. Which is why these other games just don’t match up. I haven’t gone through all of redout yet but I don’t think they even have tunnels or noodles (whatever the cylinder parts are called that you can drive 360 degrees around)
>>
>>683701707
With the popularity of fzero99 you would think this could come back. You reskin mariokart24, replace items with boost system and you're basically there.
>>
>>683702217
I liked X better, personally
>>
>>683701915
>Download VR F-Zero game
>Instantly blow chunks from flying around big blue
>>
>>683701915
you can make a lot of machines not complete garbage
>>
>>683702827
From what I understand Nintendo used to kinda of use it as a ”tech demo” of sorts for their new systems. I think when they stopped caring about graphics they no longer needed to make an fzero. I just can’t believe they basically invented the sub genre and just let it sit there while other companies just can’t get it right
>>
File: boom.png (1.56 MB, 1728x1080)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>683701707
Fundamentally the problem with F-Zero is the "you fall off you die" mechanic.

Racing with friends is muddied up considerably when someone just fuckin falls off and then has to watch you race two laps.

Not saying you need to remove the stamina mechanic. But players need like, two tokens or something, that can be used to save them when they fall off.
>>
>>683702890
I loved X too, I 100%ed both as a kid before achievements were even a thing lol. Damn I miss this game
>>
>>683703119
Yeah I totally understand. These games are not casual or beginner friendly. Redout 2 actually has a rewind feature that is a god send sometimes. You only get a limited number and some races you can’t use it but I definitely like the idea. Obviously that doesn’t solve the multiplayer issue though
>>
>>683701707
Graphics
Graphics faggotry have bloated the budget of games and so studios can only make a handful of games and can't afford to take risks
This is why you'll never see companies make take chances and try new and creative things
Nintendo doesn't suffer from this as much as the other big powerhouses but it's starting
>>
>>683703421
Oh man, Slipstream has that and is totally balanced around it. Playing multiplayer is wild because without it you've got to totally memorize the course layout and never make a single mistake. Slightly different racing subgenre of course.

Have you ever played F-Zero Arcade? Those machines are... not popular. They're actually much better racers than Mario Kart GP, but the prospect of losing your token instantly and not getting the five minutes of fun you paid for puts people off.
>>
It simply comes down to no one left at Nintendo being interested in the franchise. For that matter, the people who made GX aren't at Sega anymore, either.
As a counterexample, Sakamoto isn't just the reason there's a new Famicom Detective Club, he's also why Metroid isn't dead and buried yet.
>>
>>683701915
I love GX but the tunnel and cylinder tracks are boring.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.