[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721918968.png (296 KB, 1009x549)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
sony bros
>>
>>683703547
i'm getting VR this year and deciding which headset to get has never been more difficult
>>
>>683703710
quest for wireless and standalone
psvr2 for wired
>>
>>683703710
quest 3
psvr2 is already obsolete
vr space moves quick headsets are often old after less than a year
>>
>>683703547
Sony will port everything but bloodborne.
>>
>>683704161
donate to emulator devs
>>
VR is gay as fuck.
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (45 KB, 971x571)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>683703547
Does the screen flip out of the way?

I got this chinese POS to use for development becaues it flips out of the way to let me program and holy shit it sucks. The tracking is garbage, the sound is garbage, it overheats and has some kind of bug where it works at half the set refresh rate most of the time. Fucking youtubers lied and said it was good.
>>
Playstation is just an app
Xbox is just an app
Switch is just an app
>>
>>683704095
i'm not concerned with having the best of the best.
most of my VR experience has been 15FPS on some Acer branded rig running off a laptop. It's not going to take much to wow me
>>
Sony bros.... Sony is leaving the console business.....
>>
>>683704590
I don't think shadps4 (the one with a booting main menu) has something like that.
>>
>>683703710
Pico 4 if you want to use it solely for PCVR and don't want to spend too much money
Quest 3 if you want to use it for PCVR and optionally also on its own
that are basically all options that you have that are currently worth it

PSVR2 is way too expensive for what it offers nowadays, in theory better screens but much more narrow screens, so you can't see that wide/much

t. Quest 2 owner since last year, exclusively using it for PCVR
VR was actually really cool so I'm waiting for new headsets to come out to upgrade, hopefully that rumoured valve headset will come out "soon" aka in the next two years
>>
File: 1720361632184308.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>683703710
my experience is going from rift S to quest 3
>pros: the vision is really good/clear/high res. Also stand alone nature is good for taking it long and browsing net/watching movies/playing games while away from PC
>cons: power source is crap as the link cable (get third party) cant feed the consumption from motherboard USB port.
>so for PCVR this leaves either relying slowly draining out the batteries or going for the router wifi instead of hard link
all they had to do was add a second USB-C port to the headset
>>
There may as well be no PC support if there's no way for any of the unique features like eye-tracking and HDR to work
>>
>>683703547
Can't belive sony gave up
>>
>>683704095
what games has the quest got?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.