[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>be employee at good gaming company
>work for 5 years designing different sized cups and dirt particles
>game is a megahit
>shareholders and owners split the profits amongst themselves
>only thing you get is more work on the sequel
Guys.. why should game devs put any 'soul' into their work if they aren't gonna reap any benefits? Makes sense to do the bare minimum and chill in a nice expensive office.
>>
>>683703720
Yes don't agree to work for someone if you don't like how they're spending any profit they end up making utilizing your labor.
>>
>>683703975
>Yes don't agree to work for someone if you don't like how they're spending any profit
zoomer spoted
every company works like that zoomie
>>
>>683703720
>5+ years in any it-company
What's the problem. 2-3 years and if you don't get promoted, you look for another job. It's the rule of thumb.
>>
>>683703720
>Why don't I own the company I work at?

I don't know, why don't you?
>>
>>683704213
Why doesn't a group of people start a new company where everyone votes on how all revenue is allocated or whatever?
>>
A game definitionally can't have "soul" or whatever you wanna call it, when it is a corporate product made by hundreds or thousands of employees. That doesn't mean it can't be good, but it is objectively impossible for a game to have a unified, cohesive vision and creative intent behind it when 80% of the content is outsourced to shit shops in India and all of your actual studio is filled with first-years and whatever industry detritus you scooped up to fill the ranks so you can get a product out in time.

Creative things are made by creators, with a specific intention and goal, and the problems and hurdles that happen along the way. Creative things are not made by teams of 3000 people sitting in cubicles.
>>
>>683703720
welcome to any corporate job ever dummy
>>
>>683703720
Your benefit is that you do jack shit all day long and still get paid. Games aren't even releasing in beta states but actual alpha states after 9 years of work, your benefit is that you got to lounge around and eat at the company snack bar for 9 years.
>>
>>683704505
that's antisemetic
>>
>>683704414
americans?
>>
>>683703720
look at the arasaka logo in your picture
assume every company is arasaka
now it makes sense?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.