[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5342532.png (2.54 MB, 1920x1080)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
....where is it?
>>
in the dragon
>>
>>683704017
They need to make sure it's actionslop to gather the Square Enix cult fanbase.
>>
I've never played a bad DQ game. That said, their lack of mention/info/presentation of what is coming is concerning. But at the same time S-E are utter shit at developing beyond the speed of a retarded turtle.
>>
File: GTI9IRhaYAAR_9Z.jpg (459 KB, 1473x2000)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>683704017
>toriyama and sugiyama dead
>investors want it to be edgy actionshit (because that worked so well for FF16 right?)
it's over DQbros, we had a good run
>>
>>683704979
>>investors want it to be edgy
to be fair DQ has always had a little edge. Especially 11.
>>
>>683704979
>he thinks Squeenix controls Dragon Quest
>>
>>683704017
Getting ((((corrected)))) by SE execs as we speak.
>>
>>683704751
I still can’t believe the announcement for DQ3 HD2D took so long, it’s almost as if they started right after making the original teaser. Anyway, I honestly think 12 DQs are enough, especially with Sugiyama dead and Horii being very old, I’d be just as happy if they remade DQ8 and 9 with modern graphics and called it a day.
>>
>>683704751
>>683705457
They probably announced too early but DQ has never been a series where they tease out lots of info over time. You assume another one is coming, there’s usually some announcement of it being worked on, then you get an event where they show some footage and the character. After that it’s one or two trailers at big events with a release date and a big marketing push a couple months out from release.
>>
>>683705276
???
>>
>>683708980
SE owns publishing rights, Horii, Sugiyama estate and Toriyama estate own the IP itself jointly. It’s not public how the split works but it means that SE can’t unilaterally decide anything regarding DQ. Also why Horii sugiyama and Toriyama made lots of money off DQ.
>>
>>683704017
>DQ9, 10, and 11 all showed off gameplay in some form at or around the time of their respective announcements
>three years since DQ12 announcement and not even a single screenshot
In development hell, most likely. DQ has been a poorly managed mess for the past several years now if the state of Treasures, Monsters 3, and waiting 3 years to show off gameplay for the paltry DQ3 HD2D remake is anything to go by.
>>
>>683710352
Didn't Yuji Horii come out and say "development has been challenging, prease understand" a few months ago? I imagine losing Sugiyama and Toriyama has weighed heavily on him.
>>
Hopefully they're returning the combat to turn-based after backlash and the failure of FF16.
>>
>>683704017
Square-Enix is still coping the fact that they won't be able to release this exclusively to PS5 and western-focused and still make a success from it.
>>
>>683710352
It was just a dry announcement for the anniversary.
At the time, they most likely haven't even started working on it yet.
>>683710486
It's doing fine.
>>
>>683704017
>easy
>repetitive
>childish
>turn-based
>grindy
>japanese humour
why is this saga even alive again?
>>
>>683714135
YWNBAW, you disgusting freak

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.