[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4604.jpg (131 KB, 283x353)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
This is just a mindnumbing ubi-clone. I completely ignored it for years and only now played it on PC: Why does this game have such a good reputation?
>>
>>683711571
Because people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>683711571
it's carried by the presentation. the gameplay is just okay enough for it to work.
kirr mongors
>>
Please play Ghost of Tsushima Legends. Thank you!
>>
>>683711571
It was a Snoy exclusive
Every Snoy game is an absolute masterpiece that PC players will never be able to experience. Then it comes to PC and they all finally admit it was pretty average.
>>
>>683711571
>maybe you should stop lapping up everything that pops up on pc like a retard
>>
File: 1721617497839320.png (422 KB, 418x605)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>683711571
because snoy fans are retarded
>>
>>683711571
Game is fun but repetitive as fuck

I'm currently playing the Iki DLC and I'm having fun smashing Mongol armies with my horse
>>
>>683715430
honestly GoT biggest problem is it's too easy, some of the Mongols in the DLC are pretty difficult, especially with the Shaman boost. I played the DLC near the absolute start of Act 2 and the base game combat was mind numbingly boring
>>
>>683711571
Before the pc port people calling it out for what it was, were simply accused of having Sour Grapes.
Now that its on pc its just been pure straight cope. Yeah the game not as good as Sunset Overdrive or Infamous. Its real undrrwhelming
>>
I felt this way about god of war and horizon when they came to pc. They're not bad games or anything and I had fun playing them once but never feel the need to ever replay them. Just straight 7/10 games.
>>
No one here can post a photo of their copy of the game cause no one here played it

Its just another jaded thread that base games off opinions they heard on /v/
>>
>>683717917
Most of /v/ pirated it when it came to PC, played for a couple hours and realized at some point (usually around the archer guy sidequest where you have to track down the girl student) that 90% of the game is just walking slowly from a to b, talking to a guy, and then doing a scripted action that the game demands you do in one specific way to progress.

Literally no different than watching a movie but every 15 minutes your friend press pause and asks you to press a specific button on your controller before he accepts to unpause and allows you to continue watching
>>
>>683717917
I pirated it
>>
>>683711571
Gameplay is fine for what it is, but only barely. Collecting outfits is fun. Presentation like others have said really carries it. Story is decent.
>>
>>683711571
It's a better game than anything Ubisoft ever released and I'm saying it as a PCfag.
>>
>>
I just finished it a few days ago. Felt pretty let down to be honest, I don't know why I expected more than a sony template game. The writing surrounding jin and his uncle was decent but all the rest of it was fucking trash especially the tomoe quest line. Also I know the player character becoming overpowered in is an issue with ubishit and their derivatives in general, but in this game it was fucking ridiculous
>standoff for 3-5 free kills and to fill all your resolve
>burn your resolve to spam an uninteruptable special attack that kills 1-3 mongols and can be repeated up to three times
>now your ghost meter is full which gets your another 3 free kills and makes you invincible
>and if there's literally anything left after all that just spam kunai that turns 3-5 enemies into helpless training dummies
>or the sticky bombs that knock them and everyone in the blast radius over so you can perform an insta kill attack on them
>or the smoke bombs that give you another 3 free insta kills
>after which your resolve and ghost meters are probably full again
Like it's not even fun, why did they even bother with difficulty settings if they just give you so many fuck you I win buttons.
>>
>>683718231
Exactly this. I pirated it and not even the part you were saying. It was like 10 or 15 minutes in where you need to pick up your sword and gear while walking with whoever the first girl you encounter. You're forced along this walking script, and honestly it was just boring to me. I've put off Sekiro for so long because it didn't seem to appeal to me gameplay wise, but after trying out GoT, I can understands now why it was praised at the time.
>>
>>683711571
because it actually has good combat.
People are just pussies and play it on easy/normal and not realistic.
>>
>>683715790
>biggest problem is it's too easy
100%
even on lethal, the challenge disappears before you even finish the first island. I like the game, but lost interest at the end because of how mind numbingly simple the combat is.
>>
>>683711571
Because its a good game with actually fun gameplay in it. It deserves all the praise it got. The first time you get the Ghost Stance is something I'll never forget fuckin badass as fuck scene
>>
I liked it from start to finish but quit halfway into Iki Island. The content there was fine but GoT was getting a bit old by then. I didn't 100% it or even finish the camps either. I don't recommend that, just do shit along the way but keep heading for the main story.
>>
File: 1704580310608724.jpg (62 KB, 550x438)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>683711571
This game got praise because it's a decent Assassin's Creed game in an age where that whole franchise has gone to shit.
>>
>>683718231
>Most of /v/ pirated it when it came to PC
Most here cant even run it so stopped reading here
>>
>>683711571
Because it has fun as hell combat, beautiful visuals, a compelling story, memorable characters, heart-wrenching moments, and makes you feel like a badass warrior in an old Japanese samurai movie?

I really don't understand why people don't like the game. It was lovely, and that's coming from me who thinks the new god of war games and the last of us are boring movie games.
>>
>>683720330
It already runs well out of the box, has every upscale and frame gen option, and has setting that scale well without reducing the visual quality that much if you don't mind trees not having shadows a mile away. Everyone can run it.
>>
The only gripe I have is the weird terrain glitching where you fucking slide everything. Hook thingy use is very limited, you can't become bad by killing civilians. etc

The camps are pretty fun tho.
I bought a PS5 for this. Lmao.
>>
>>683711571
People needed an alternative for TLOU2, but that’s about it, like you said, this game is pretty much another UbiSlop shot.
>>
i liked the combat and exploration fucking sue me. i also liked days gone, fuck you.
>>
File: 1720777989681600.jpg (345 KB, 654x482)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>683722109
>>
>>683723029
i am 32.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.