[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Insomniac Museum... home.
>>
rift apart needed a museum map with cut rivet breast expansion mechanics
>>
The treehouse in Secret Agent Clank always spooked me because of the cubicle with a picture of someone's dead wife on it. I always avoided the fuck out of that area.
>>
i genuinely didnt know about this shit for years after the game came out. when i heard about it i thought it was another fake rumor, but lo and behold, it was legit - very cool easter egg
>>
I honestly liked God of War and Ratchet for having these DVD extras-style cut content/behind the scenes showcases
shame the idea never really caught on.
>>
>>683716998
The best part is that the one in the first game exists in the actual game space of a specific level and can be accessed with some simple glitching.
>>
Genuinely the coolest secret area in all of vidya.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAFKqbjfxgY

It's probably one of the biggest reasons I started poking around game files, got into modding and eventually programming.
>>
File: man.png (414 KB, 918x552)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>
>>683719870
Is it possible to climb that tower? I managed to get slightly higher than you're intended to, but there's this steep slope that made me give up.
>>
>>683717246
I don't get what happened in 7th gen,
Deadlocked for me has peak Ratchet spirit and it's only 2 years apart from the start of future trilogy which is the very bland corporate product PS2 series satirized
>>
>>683720245
Not legitimately, but you can use the double jump glitch to get up there. IIRC higher parts of the tower are actually missing collision but I might be thinking of something else.
>>
>>683720994
Everything needing to be HD sucked the soul out of gaymen.
>>
>>683715391
Why don't game devs have cool stuff like this anymore?
>>
>>683726774
Casual behind the scenes content is illegal. All communications directed at players must go through the public relations department and be presented through twitter statements.
>>
>>683715391
>>683717425
>>683719870
SOVL
>>
pure fucking unfiltered soul. I'd spend hours and days just wondering around the second games museum. there's just something haunting yet alluring about the place
>>
Gamedev here.
Which secret settings and behind the scenes stuff would you like to see in a videogame?
As a dev, they're just normal things to me, but I'm curious to hear what players get excited about
>>
>>683732484
Unfinished enemies, cut assets, geometry used for testing pathing/mobility, and developer commentary about all of the above. Preferably hidden away as a kind of easter egg, or available after 100% completion, so it feels like a reward for players who put in the extra effort for it.
>>
>>683732484
People who are into that sort of stuff get excited about anything even if it's just a blog post or something.
The unique thing about the Insomniac Museum was the presentation.
>>
>>683732484
>secret settings
autistically hidden gamemode the lenght of a game
>and behind the scenes stuff
cut content that is made enough to at least showcase and some funny events during the gamedev,
check out as well Insomniacs Ratchet's weapons and gadgets real life ads if you haven't seen them, soul like this is forbidden today
>>
File: 1699796505665968.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
mw2 museum.... home...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.