[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Disco_Elysium_Poster.jpg (177 KB, 259x386)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
What do you guys think about Disco Elysium?
>>
I never finished but I found it funny and interesting even if the devs are lefties
>>
>>683715864
I don't get all the political stuff so I dropped it pretty quickly
>>
File: F51pZVqW8AgY5PH.jpg (66 KB, 826x445)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>683715864
Lunatics wrote it.
>>
I loved it, Harry and Kim are among the best characters in videogames the world building is fucking insane and with how sterile so many AAA games feel these days the writing really stuck with me for actually managing to elicit an emotion at some points, with my personal favourite moment being the working class woman storyline. Twitter and /pol/ addled drooling retards made me think the only thing worth talking about it in it was the politics but they weren't even that important.
>>
>>683716780
what point are you trying to prove with this picture
>>
>>683716780
he's right, though
>>
>>683715864
You are 100% justified in pirating it.
>>
Gameplay wise, I wish there were more games like it.
>>
>>683715864
Superstar Cop. Always.
>>683718207
Correct. The people who actually made the game will get nothing from the money you spend buying it.
>>
>>683715864
Too slow.
10 hours in and still on day 2, and I even got scolded for running too much.
>>
>>683715864
The game made fun of me for being boring. Bro, I'm just here to solve crimes idc about this political shit.
>>
>>683715864
Does Disco Elysium actually stand for anything? I know a lot of people say it's a game for communists, but the game does a terrible job of presenting itself as an embodiment of communist ideals. It believes in individual supermen who can altar history and are the driving force behind it which goes against the very thesis of the community of man holding the sway over history. The views its citizens have in Revachol seem tied to internal struggles that have manifested outwardly, decaying the belief that mankind is kind and can work together for a greater purpose. I can think of no aspect in the game that brings forth the belief that communism or any offshoot of political belief is a worthy successor to the moralintern, which is portrayed as evil because... it's slow? Because Revachol is not a flourishing economic state after a revolution? Is this game just a Rorschach test for political midwits?
>>
>>683715864
Cool game, great world building, great art, great music. I particularily enjoyed finding out about the world in general. The isolas, the innocences, the pale, all very interesting and very mysterious.
>>
>>683715864
The very first time I played it the game began with a black screen and text. I recall something about a lizard brain. Anyway I stopped playing right there because I felt the writing was being verbose just to sound intelligent. Came back a couple years later and tried again. I like it now. I just think it's funny to me how quickly I was turned off that first time.
>>
File: 1611695635879.png (191 KB, 640x480)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>683722451
Games "standing" for things is cringe. It should just immerse you into a world and provide you with an environment where you can explore these ideas yourself.
>>
>>683722451
>the game does a terrible job of presenting itself as an embodiment of communist ideals.
where do people get the idea that this is the goal if the game? seems like a lot of people project meaning onto the game instead of taking it for what it is
>Is this game just a Rorschach test for political midwits?
yes, see: your post
>>
File: measurehead.png (366 KB, 368x510)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
It's the only game in existence with masterpiece-tier writing (it rivals some of the best literature ever written)
>>
File: header.jpg (52 KB, 460x215)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>683715864
Anyone try the Disco-ripoffs? Sovereign Syndicate dropped without much fanfare a while back, and Gamedec a couple of years ago. Clam Man 2 is never going to be finished, and Glasshouse is made by Italians. Ebb is the only one that holds any real promise, even if I hate the artstyle.
>>
File: file.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>683722451
>he thinks disco elysium is about politics
>>
File: 1721713858577744.jpg (107 KB, 1080x648)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>683723489
>>
For me, it's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1HFk6FMo8

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.