[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Revolver.webm (2.92 MB, 1728x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>Gunslingers have an unfair advantage over casters
I think video games should get with the times and remove the arbitrary "wait 2 seconds before u cast magic" timer, it's a slog and it's boring even worse if the game /forces/ you to not move, just let me wave my hands around and cast magic missiles
>>
File: boomer wizard.jpg (161 KB, 821x803)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
maybe you should actually practice some magic then
>>
>>683716347
t. 600 year old wizard
have you even read modern magecraft theory gramps?
>>
>>683716347
why is the second bullet faster than the first?
>>
>>683716217
How did the second bullet, that traveled a longer path and was fired later, hit the first bullet?
>>
>>683717048
>>683717036
He was using targeted telekinesis to slow the first bullet, should have been sending out a gravity wave or something and that wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>683716217
Didn't they just steal this from the Killer Bean movie?
>>
>>683717232
You could have just shot a 2nd bullet normally then if it was targeted. This white devil was weak.
>>
>>683716217
If you fired a modern assault rifle at full auto at this guy, would he be able to stop ALL the bullets?
>>
>>683717814
Neo could, I don't see why this guy couldn't.
>>
File: 1717317605577626.png (200 KB, 310x400)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>683716217
Not when your wizard also uses guns
>>
>>683718398
Do Guncasters even exist
>>
>>683718480
Absolutely, the SaGa games for instance have specific synergies in place that greatly benefit gun toting casters.
Cave wizards with a gun are a very real thing in Underrail, there's plenty of settings with magic guns like FF Unlimited or Outlaw Star, magic guns aren't exactly a rare trope.
>>
>>683719071
What about normal guns assisted or enhanced through magic, rather than what I'm imagining is guns shooting magic (which is cool in it's own)
>>
File: Max.jpg (390 KB, 1000x1396)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>683718480
Holy CHAD!
>>
>>683719071
>>683721409
Adding to this, playing a blaster jedi in KotOR2 is surprisingly good. Just cast a bunch of buffs on yourself and shred with multiple high damage hits per turn. Not really classic wizards, but jedi are basically space wizards so I count it.
Clearly not the intended way to play, but it works well if you stick with it.
>>
>>683721409
Final Fantasy Tactics had them
>>
File: underrailhd.jpg (546 KB, 1920x1080)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>683718480
in Underrail you can mix shit like mini-guns with PSI powers and become gunsligner-caster
>>
Cheers for the examples
>>
>>683717525
ricochet shots do more damage, everyone knows this.
>>
>>683718480
pillars of eternity 1 & 2
played a gunwielding wizard in both, it was K I N O
>>
>>683721409
SaGa mages use guns normally, but they can also buff themselves and their guns with spells, it depends on the entry.
Usually you'll want mages to use guns because they help building up casting related stats and don't interfere with their growth, moreover guns give them access to certain options spells rarely have, such as specific physical damage modifiers, immediate burst damage at little costs or simply a way to manage resources, why spend your mana when you can just shoot somebody in the face?
In something more abstract like Emerald Beyond a spellcaster with a gun is a very strong option because guns can help them position around and strategize through specific turn order advantages, or give them access to tools such as intercepting enemy actions.
Since spellcasting takes chanting turns before activations, which also make your spellcaster an easy target with no defensive options, you can help mages bypass the chanting part of the spell by positioning for a showstopper with a gun so they can start off with a salvo and then chaincast a rain of spells with no charging cost while the enemy is caught in your attack of opportunity and can't interrupt you.
There's also many guns in that game that can be used as a catalyst, so you can cast spells for free without needing to learn them while having them equipped, giving casters even more reasons to use guns.
>>
>>683723971
Damn that sounds fucking sweet
>>
File: 1690580674286318.webm (2.94 MB, 800x450)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>683725140
It is.
The other cool thing about guns is that SaGa games give all weapon type a specific set of skills with different use cases, so you can mix and match weapons with magic with different builds in mind.
While the classic games have casters that focus more on daggers or rapiers as weapon options, the gonzo fantasy SaGa give them more synergy with various firearm types such as pistols, flamelaunchers, bazookas, miniguns etc., one of my last runs had a blaster wizard that alternated a .44 special, a railgun and various heavy hitting spells as he switched dynamically between the role of a battlefield jammer that would intercept enemy attacks with the revolver, shut down robots by abusing the railgun's anti-mech techniques and occasionally capitalize on pure damage by stacking gun attacks and chaincasting all of his spells for free during the game's version of attacks of opportunity, the showstoppers, it was pretty fun.
>>
>>683717814
It's not the bullets that kill its his magic revolvers made out of Excalibur so an assault rifle wouldn't hurt him

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.