[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240725_114106.jpg (3.24 MB, 2170x2849)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
This just arrived today

What am I in for?

Also Silent Hill thread I guess
>>
A very incompetent execution of very good ideas. Exploring Silent Hill (once you finally get there) and finding all sorts of little quests to go on is a natural direction to take the series, and a few of Downpour's even nail the landing like Dead Man's Hand. It's also got an undercooked, but still neat weather mechanic and the otherworld chase sequences are okay. But general gameplay's held back by really awkward controls and the aesthetic's too generic. I played on PS3 so I don't know if it's true for 360, but the backbreaking straw on that platform was performance - it crashed and soft-locked like a motherfucker. Overall though, the game's far from a bad idea but an amateur dev worked on it and in terms of polish and presentation, you can really tell.
>>
>japanese franchise
>entry made by western devs
literally always bad
and this is one of the worst offenders even
only idiots pretend to like this one
>>
>>683718570
THE worst shit ever to be released with the SH's name. Yes, far, far worse than even the Homocoming... and that's a true accomplishment.

T. I preordered this shit way back in the day.
>>
>>683718570
I didn’t think it was that bad. I think it’s underrated and doesn’t deserve the hate it gets. Homecoming is much worse imo. It’s not a great game but it’s not the worst SH entry.
>>
>>683721302
I can buy worse than anything predating the current "revival" (though I'd maintain Revelation is far more unforgivable), but in a world where Short Message and Ascension exists? Nah. I'm sorry you spent $60 on this, that's rough, but there's been worse.
>>
>>683722340
To me, DP was the final chance for the IP to redeem itself (at least untl PT), and it was shilled in a way promised to avoid the typical pitfalls of the other Western shit up until that point. The end result was the biggest catastrophe thusfar, and a fugly, broken game to boot.

>short message/ ascension
Not even video games.
SH truly died in 2005.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.