[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rockstar.jpg (38 KB, 900x900)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>ruined Max Payne by turning him into le reddit man
>killed off Team Bondi after they created one of the most interesting R* published games in history
>made the worst GTA game to date with V and created a cancerous online component
>RDR2 being an anachronistic pozzfest with sluggish movement and literal cinematic bars during cutscenes
>GTA 6 set to have an even worse story than 5
>Still no Red Dead Redemption for PC

what is their endgame?
>>
>>683727109
producing propaganda funded by the GAE
>>
>>683727283
the georgia association of educators? I thought california set the agenda there
>>
File: Strauss Zelnick.jpg (518 KB, 1535x2049)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>683727109
>what is their endgame?
Appeasing investors and hitting 5% body fat.
>>
>>683727449
Global American Empire
>>
File: 1720437995676570.jpg (48 KB, 422x422)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>683727109
I don't think MP3 is that bad as a game, but definitely doesn't 'feel' like Max Payne. I mostly blame the writing shifting from hardboiled noir to Hollywood cop flicks. A lot of Max's lines really don't feel like they should be coming out of his mouth, but the acting at least sells it. At least Remedy is getting to remake the first two themselves instead of Rockstar trying to.
>>
>>683727929
Exactly, it was written by Dan Hauser and Max feels more like a stoic GTA protagonist than, well, Max Payne.
The first line of the game is 'this is a comfy room' or some shit.
>>
>>683727691
no legs no back
lul
>>
>>683727109
>ruined Max Payne by turning him into le reddit man
He and his comics gimmick were immense reddit territory from the very beginning, don't get shit confused
>>
>>683727109
>GTA 6 set to have an even worse story than 5
That'd be a feat. GTA 5 has the WORST story and WORST characters, I didn't wanna be there and neither did the characters. Who the fuck wants to play as a cuck, get fucked. The 1st black character was a whiny NPC. I forgot the 3rd and 4th character, shit was gay and lame. You couldn't crouch either.
>>
>>683727109
>Still no Red Dead Redemption for PC
Play it on Ryujinx
No kbm but at least you get HD and 60fps
>>
>>683728493
Brownoid post
>>
>>683727109
>Rockstar
>story concerns
Since when was Rockstar a company known for story? Might as well bitch about Blizzard's writing as well.
>>
>>683729204
Vice city was great and sa was pretty good
>>
>>683727109
Dan Houser left so I have hopes for GTA 6
God, RDR2 was a shitty slog.
>>
>>683728260
He talks more vulgarly too in a way that doesn't fit him. "I couldn't tell good from bad if it was fucking my sister" sticks out to me as just being such a strange line that tries to be Sam Lake's writing, but also nasty in that GTA way.
>>
>>683729460
Agreed. I bet their games will be 10x better without Dan
>>
>>683730516
Yep
I actually don't like curse words in vidya and the first two were pretty tame in that regard.
>>
>>683731414
Kingpin was the first I remember with more than a "damn" or a "hell" occasionally. The dialogue is laughably bad, sounding like a little kid that learned profanity.
>>
>>683727109
>Endgame
Make gazillion dollar game that take 100yrs
>>
>>683731551
It wasn't M rated though, if I recall correctly.
>>
File: 1000024194.jpg (306 KB, 1200x900)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>683732067
>>
>Get to Game Development university
>Given jewish Godfather entirely as like being offered up to an agent
>Tells me once I finish school I'm being sent to america to work at Rockstar
>Tell him ya whatever, I guess if theres nothing else
>Get to first year of school
>Become one of like 20 people who actually takes the time to meet other students
>Learn that theres a bunch of students who have their life career's pitted on pretty much the same connection I'm blowing off

Happy I didn't, buddy who was a year ahead of me ended up beign part of RDR2 team, portion of the dev team made an entirely different melee combat system, something that had to be done on their own time and was well worked on to present. Suit shot it down so hard people prepared to pack at the end of their contracts.

This is the studio who is 100% going to be focused on sneaking in as much AI generated content as possible, they're essentially trying to compete with china on it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.