[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gothic_1_box (1).png (3.33 MB, 2172x2746)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
Soooooo.... is this game completely fucking unknown in the US? Because in Europe its pretty much a cult classic.
>>
>>683731686
I live in the USA and have beaten Gothic 1 and 2 several times. They're great games but not as popular as stuff like Baldur's Gate and Fallout were. The PC market in general was pretty niche back then so only a handful of titles really sold well.
>>
>>683731998
>The PC market in general was pretty niche back then

Dude, what in the fuck are you talking about? It was 2001. Long after Doom, Command & Conquer, Starcraft or or Half-Life. By that time actually, It was the PC's that were beginning to eat away the console's share.
>>
>>683732546
It was niche compared to consoles. The best selling game at the time was Diablo 2 and that sold 4 million copies.
>>
>>683732860
Starcraft sold 11 million. It wasn't ''niche''. PCs have been shitting all over the consoles in terms of graphics ever since the release of Voodo accelerators in the late 90s.
>>
>>683733142
Not that anon but niche doesn't mean bad. Niche just means not popular.
>>
>>683733142
It did not sell 11 million back in 2001. Stop making shit up. Baldur's Gate 2--which was considered a huge success at the time--only sold 1.5 million copies worldwide. Fallout sold 400k. You just entered this thread to argue about stupid shit. Just admit it.
>>
>>683731686
US is too stupid for eurokino
>>
The US doesn't trouble itself with the Eurojank that yuripoors have to subsist on0x0m4
>>
>>683733417
>seething and shaking so hard he typed the captcha in the wrong field
>>
>>683733328
It got good scores by US reviewers despite coming out half a year later and the dub being soulless.
>>
>>683733323
I wont admit your made up bullshit, consoles became irrelevant ever since the 00's.
>>
>>683734229
You can google any of those numbers and find them just like I can google your numbers for starcraft and see that they're bullshit. It sold that well by the end of the 00s. It was one of those rare games that actually sold more as time went on due to the rise of e-sports.
>>
>>683734017
The VA was hilarious. I'm not sure how you found it soulless at all.
>>
>>683734402
PCs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>consoles.

Cry about it, peasant.
>>
It’s very niche here, like people who play games a lot know about it but that’s it.
>>
>in Europe its pretty much a cult classic
euros playing slop makes a lot of sense. are they also the primary Soulsshit audience, as well?
>>
>>683739173
don't use words you don't understand
>>
>>683739173
Gothic 1 and 2 might as well be the greatest open world games ever made, so Europe proved that you can make great games even in that shitty genre.
>>
>>683733142
>>683734229
Pctard brainrot, consoles have been widely more popular for videogames and only in the past decade things have changed, back in the 90s gaming revenue was like 90-10 in favor of consoles and only in recent days PC gaming probably generates the same amount of money as consoles do.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.