[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9411.jpg (536 KB, 713x840)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
The entirety of the concepts of XP and “leveling up” is the worst part of every game it’s in.
Are there any RPGs without it?
>>
>>683732391
Evergrace, but it's shit
>but the OST-
play the fucking game and find out
>>
>>683732391
Quite the opposite my jewish friend. Just because you can't take joy in advancing because it reminds you that your real life is a failure doesn't mean that the rest of us can't.
>>
>>683732680
It’s the other way around retard. The leveling system exists to give a fake sense of progression to losers and a handicap for people too retarded for a skill-based games.
Kys
>>
Monster Hunter.
>>
>>683732391
It's an abstraction of personal growth. Skill based games have it occur naturally as thr player gets better. RPGs need it so you can quantify your character's growth as a person. I think it's done better in games like morrowind where using a skill makes your character stronger with that skill. Watching an xp bar fill until you level up and pick a new widget that wasn't available before isn't the most elegant way to go about it, I agree.
>>
>>683732391
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.