[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Spoony Majora's Mask.png (40 KB, 725x246)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Do younger Zelda fans remember how hated Majora's Mask was back in the day?
>>
>>683733645
No, but I do commend faggots on here for pretending major trash was good for a few years about ten years ago
>>
>>683734424
Zelda was never good. It's a shit series for faggots like yourself.
>>
File: 1690923246829861.png (96 KB, 625x626)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>683733645
>shitty tweet from a random literallywho who is either lying through his teeth for internet points or incapable of understanding the games he plays
If you wanted to represent the people who disliked Majora's Mask "back in the day" you would've picked better. You just want a thread of people pretending MM is bad.
>>
>>683733645
What is this retard even trying to convey? That all Zelda games are the same? Why did he single out Majora's Mask, which is THE most unique Zelda title out of all of them? No wonder this e-celeb became washed up with such dogshit takes.
>>
it's okay that you weren't there
you should have your own experiences, don't worry about what my experiences were
>>
>Majora's Mid
Yeah we hated that shit.
>>
>>683735736
"Help"
>>
Why is Zelda the focus of so much anti Nintendo seething?
>>
>>683733645
Who hated Majoras Mask? Zoomers are cancer.
>>
>>683738525
These Zelda seethe threads are all made by one person if you would believe it
>>
What was the deal with the end fight when you unlock all the secrets and Link goes super sayian and how come no other Zelda game had that?
>>
I don't remember Majora's Mask being hated very much. The internet wasn't very congregated and so didn't have extremely loud and annoying fanbases. So by the time Wind Waker came out in 2003 MM was cool. Especially because it's "dark" atmosphere juxtaposed with WW's bright cheery one. And Wind Waker was getting hate for that. thus beginning the Zelda cycle of loving the prior game and hating the current game.
>>
Majora's Mask has ascended beyond being just a game in the Zelda series at this point. It doesn't need validation from traditional Zelda rankings. It stands well enough on its own as a cult classic.
>>
>>683733645
I'm 30 and I don't remember MM being particularly hated outside some people getting filtered by the 3 day cycle. Every later 3D Zelda got way more hate.

And why the fuck are you posting Spoony as proof it was hated? Spoony doesn't like ANY Zelda games.
>>
>>683738775
>the Zelda cycle of loving the prior game and hating the current game
This is the part of the whole "Zelda cycle" thing people don't seem to get. It didn't come out of nowhere. MM earned retroactive praise because it had vectors of appeal that people didn't know they'd miss in future Zeldas. Same with WW, TP, SS, and even BotW. TotK will be subject to this as well.
>>
>>683739051
Because he wanted this thread to be about Spoony obviously how do you not understand this by now?
>>
>>683739197
I think SS broke the cycle honestly. It had mixed appeal when it came out. But time has soured the sentiment even more. The negative voices are still there and I don't hear the positive voices as much as I did when it came out.
>>
>>683739530
Maybe I was overplaying it a bit, but I recall people trying to shift the narrative around the game in general with the release of the remake.
You're right in that most people rightfully view it pretty poorly even now. Even if you're a fan of the proper Zelda formula, SS is the game that convinced people the formula was at fault, so it doesn't get credited as the last old-formula Zelda.
>>
>>683733645
didn't he kill himself? or was that the other shithead?
>>
>>683738775
I'm tired of MM being called "dark"
That game is goofy and silly as fuck (thanks to Aonuma's influence)
>>
people liked MM fine
the only pre-internet zelda that people didn't immediately like was wind waker because the industry was so juvenile, the art style made people unironically say things like "this is for babies"
>>
>>683742420
>Make a super grim Zelda dark demo for the gamecube
>lol jk, here's the real game in cel shading
People would have been mad if they did the opposite as well, it was just stupid.
>>
>>683742678
just another point to show how juvenile people were to take what is explicitly a tech demo at face value and expect the next game to reflect it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.