[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: HFR-box-standard.png (1.32 MB, 779x1000)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
How much could it have possibly cost to produce?
It's only a few hours long and looks like a PS2 game, even if it didn't sell many copies I don't understand how something can be a massive flop without having a massive investment to put at risk in the first place
>>
here comes all the retards calling this tranny reddit shit even though it makes no fucking sense. this is a gem in my eyes
>>
>>683736229
microsoft already planned to shut down tango and they wanted to use this game as an excuse for its shutdown which is why they didn't advertise it. They didn't expect it to get as much attention as it did.
So when they shut down the studio later and literally everyone was questioning why they did that you could see in interviews they were visibly annoyed and uncomfortable.
>>
>>683736229
>It's only a few hours long and looks like a PS2 game
So you never played the game and don't know anything about it. Gotcha.
>>
File: hfr.png (1017 KB, 980x990)
1017 KB
1017 KB PNG
>>683738203
nigger
>>
>>683737156
>this tranny reddit shit is a gem in my eyes
makes a lot of sense to me
it's just a straight up bad game that I'm glad I was able to refund after 30 minutes
>>
>>683738825
just say you have no rhythm and found it too hard to stay on beat even though the accessibility was good for dumbasses like you
>>
>>683738825
>30 minutes
you barely even touched it
>>
>>683738748
So 13 is a few hours for you.
I don't even begin on the PS2 graphics comparison. Only retards keep parroting that shit for every game that isn't dying even on the top current card.
Also it is curious the difficulty achievement is missing from that list despite it should be next to the Who's the boss now? one.
It is almost like you smashed through on EZ where you don't need to actually play the game then came here to shit on it. Nigger
>>
>>683736229
nobody said it was a flop, tranny. The studio was shut down due to not having games in the development process and wanting to please the stockholders.
>>
I can't imagine the music licensing was cheap
>>
>>683738053
Yeah that's probably it.

Tango was one of those studios that only made cult classics, aside from the first evil within sold well but everything afterwards sold pretty poorly.
>>
>>683736229
5 year dev time all on western salaries with 300 staff members, didn't break even
>>
>>683736229
You're the kind of person who said King of Fighters 13 looked like a SNES game. You were in diapers when the PS2 was current. You must be 18 to post here. Leave.
>>
Why make a 100 smaller profitable games when you instead could make 1 giant flop?
>>
>>683738053
This.
The reason Tango got shut down is because they had already released a game and were in pre-production for the next one. Expect more studio shutdowns once they release their own games. Microsoft is slashing and burning.
>>
>>683738053
They were visible annoyed and uncomfortable because there is no good way of saying "shareholders were demanding profits and we bent the knee"
>>
File: FqJ1iIXXgA0ekOM.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
Where's the flop, Forspoken shill?
>>
>>683744110
Anything that isn't a magic endless money making scheme is a flop.
>>
>>683736229
Rare should've been the company to go under.
>>
>>683743478
considering it's literally (literally) the law in burgerland for companies to have to generate money for shareholders I don't see why they'd be unwilling to share that
>>
>>683736229
Tango got closer down by random luck of the draw. It had nothing to do with how Hi Fi performed. Literally, Tango was the only studio not working on a game at the time (while they were getting ready to pitch a sequel) so they got shut down. Yes suites are fucking morons welcome to video games.
>>
>>683736229
It’s very simple: everything Xbox leadership told us about gamepass viability and its impact on game sales is a bunch of bullshit, and not even a great game can survive when put day and date on the service

That’s why they’re not only increasing the cost, but restricting new games to the highest tier of the service (including the new COD, which pissed off the FTC.)
>>
>>683744289
I’m shocked that Double Fine didn’t get cut, they just make random indie fluff that there’s no way in hell sells half as much as HFR, all the while being based in San Francisco of all places. Did they lie in that documentary and are actually making Psychonauts 3?
>>
File: 1704828306115220.jpg (79 KB, 1024x775)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>683744396
Just because it's what they have to live by doesn't mean it's good optics
When the interests of the shareholders and the consumers don't match, but the profits of the shareholders are dependant on the perception of the consumers, it's not wise to publically announce
>we have shareholder cock so far down our throats we fart semen

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.