[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: space elevator.jpg (155 KB, 2048x1152)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
kino
>>
File: glamrock.png (472 KB, 1495x1700)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>683736964
glamrock best squadron
>>
>SOMEONE SHOT DOWN THE PRESIDENT
>>
>>683737115
Why are vidya military patches so kino
>>
File: ace7ending.jpg (175 KB, 1366x768)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>Dark blue plays
>I salute the pilot who gave us all a future
I cant wait for Ace8
>>
Count is a little bitch and Wiseman was right for putting him in his place. Tabloid should've been the bro who follows you into Strider squadron.
>>
>>683736964
Osean military oppresion symbol
>>
File: AC 7 elevator mp.webm (1.24 MB, 854x482)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB WEBM
>>683736964
What do you think it's like to live in that small city at the base of the space elevator? To me it looks comfy beyond belief.
>>
>>683738849
Tabloid was a cuck
>>
>>683738849
entire game should have been about the convict squad trying to find their place within an ever more confusing war, with different paths for loyalist, defector and mercenary
>>
File: 1715196090222443.jpg (314 KB, 2560x1440)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Sexhoi-35
>>
How do I get into Ace Combat? Are they all equally kino or are there any I should skip? And is it necessary to play them chronologically to follow the story?
>>
>>683736964
I bought this game on a whim when it was on sale once after not having played an AC game since 4, and was so pleasantly surprised by it. It was just cool and genuinely a lot of fun to play.
I know it's an older game now but playing a game that's just fun with no bullshit is so rare that it legit made me happy.
>>
File: 1563196083661.jpg (1.54 MB, 1920x1080)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>683740729
The stories are all disconnected but they share a chronology. If you have access to a PS2 or an emulator, start with 04 and go release order (04, 5, Zero). As far as skipping, Assault Horizon is dogshit and doesn't connect to anything, while Infinity was an always-online game for the PS3 that you can no longer access.
>>
>>683740729
>How do I get into Ace Combat?
Just download PCSX2 and play
>Are they all equally kino or are there any I should skip?
4, 5, Zero are usually considered the peak of the series. 6, 7 are ok. PSP and GBA games are kinda mid. Never played 1-3 to comment
>And is it necessary to play them chronologically to follow the story?
No. The only times the other games are relevant is when somebody mentions "In the aftermath of the __ War" or "During the __ Crisis", you know what those were about because you played through those.
>>
kill all b*lkans
genocide all b*lkans
seven nukes weren't enough
>>
>>683740729
You don't really need to play all of them to follow individual game stories. Each game is an isolated scenario in the fictional world and only small bits carry over between them as a small bonus for those who know. The ps2 games, 4, 5 and Zero are the usual recommends, but the PS1 games are great too even though they don't hold up in terms of gameplay tech. AC is good intro to the series are fairly short while AC2 shows the massive improvement once the team was given real development time and JP AC3 is the absolute most ambitious AC game in the series by far. You must play this game with a fan translation because the international releases cut the story out of the game because it was too complex to translate for the budget the international release was given back in the day. 6 is great as well but is a 360 game so you can imperfectly emulate it on Xenia, but that requires you top watch the story cutscenes on youtube, or if you find a physical disc, it can still be played on the newer xboxes with backwards compatibility. And finally 7 is on everything modern and on sale for cheap regularly and probably the easiest to get a hold of "officially" if you get your panties in bunch over emulation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.