[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4352346161.png (1.18 MB, 1081x720)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>enemies stop respawning
>this somehow is a good idea and makes sense
>>
>>683738824
>He doesn't know about the covenant
You didn't play the game.
>>
>if you kill your enemies, they die
yeah, what terrible game design
>>
>>683738926
>they die, after coming back to life a bunch of times

Retard
>>
>>683739039
Yeah, they hollow to the point of death.
It only makes sense. It's the only Souls game in which it makes sense.
Frankly, I would have loved if the player character could also hollow to the point of no return, instead of stopping mid-point, but I guess even Dark Souls fans aren't that hardcore.
>>
oh yeah? well, i can weild 2 dildos at the same time and afk in muh majula
take that, ds1/ds3 chud
>>
>>683740761
>turning the stage into an empty area with no enemies makes sense because...it just makes sense okay??? you're not a real souls fan if you don't like this
>>
>>683741216
I'm just saying it's lore-friendly.
And, honestly, if it takes you nine times to get through an area, you're a dirty casual, so be thankful the game makes it at all possible for you to proceed.
>>
>>683741216
Holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>683738824
if you've made so many failed attempts that enemies die permanently then you're the fuck up, not the game
the only time it should ever come up is if you're trying to farm specific items, in which case having to use bonfire ascetics just makes farming more challenging and fun
ds2 has a lot of flaws but this isnt one of them
>>
>>683738824
>Limits the amount of souls available on the game world so you can't just grind, encouraging you to participate on the multiplayer
>If you keep dying and losing your souls there will be a point where you won't be able to earn more souls because there won't be more enemies
>At the same time your soul memory will increase so much you won't be able to summon (or be summoned anymore)

The only bad thing about Dark Souls 2 was how terrible some areas were; otherwise it was full of fantastic ideas. People rejecting Dark Souls 2 is why since 3 Souls has been playing safe.
>>
It was the C team's attempt at preventing grinding. Just further proof the game is dookie. No amouunt of contrarian @s still change this.
>>
dark souls 2 fans be like
why didn't they add *the worst idea imaginable* from dark souls 2 to the next games??? it was great!
>>
>people itt defending this trash game for it's dogshit design choices
Sad state /v/ is in these days.
>>
>>683741394
>it makes sense because you have to be good
okay
>>
>>683741887
>If you keep dying and losing your souls there will be a point where you won't be able to earn more souls because there won't be more enemies

covenant of champions and bonfire ascetics lolol
also if youre dying with enough souls to level up enough that enemies stop respawning maybe reevaluate how you're approaching the game.
>>
>>683744339
>covenant of champions
It has its cons too (like the increased invasions and the harder enemies)
>and bonfire ascetics
Which are a limited resource per run.
Not ever criticizing those two; quite the opposite: it's nice that the game has those resources available for the player to handle the enemies not respawning.

>also if youre dying with enough souls to level up enough that enemies stop respawning maybe reevaluate how you're approaching the game.
Exactly, that's my point. You're forced to evaluate how you're approaching the area because you're running out of souls and increasing your soul memory without getting any benefit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.