[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: surf.png (2.36 MB, 1920x1080)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>PvP and PvE sides fling shit at each other and Rare tries to appease extreme ends of each side every season

I dont understand it
>>
>>683741534
Typical symptoms of an undeserved game director position who desperately tries his best to please the audience because he feels watched and judged at his every move. Most likely has nightmares too.
>>
>>683741534
Devs dont understand the PvE players dont want any PvP, it's that simple but inbred C- devs think they do.
>>
>>683742089
>PvE players
call them what they are: pussies and faggots
>>
The game is literally the pet game of the devs and a dedicated group of whales who like pirate games and roleplaying as pirates

the devs hate the pvp and would prefer it go but it's too ingrained into the game at this point so they just went the safer seas route to appease the children who play all the time. Without the pirate pvp they wouldn't have half the appeal to newcomers or adults, it's just a boring pirate sim then
>>
File: 1571645701122.jpg (57 KB, 540x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>You sink an attacker while defending a fort or whatever and they just keep coming back with supplies
>You get spawn camped on your own ship cause theres nothing stopping the enemy from doing it

Unchanged since 2018 but now Reapers are able to change servers while keeping their level 5 flag because thats ok apparently
>>
>>683741534
I think that this game can be pretty fun if I'm playing with a good crew and PvPing a crew of similar/equal skill.. Problem is the vast majority of the game is mindlessly sailing around adjusting the wheel every couple minutes, occasionally getting demolished by 5k hour sweats, and occasionally demolishing kids who don't even fight back. The PvE is completely pointless and holy shit so repetitive, I would think after all this time there would be more than 2 quests for each of the guilds.
>>
>>683743145
>>683744159
Hourglass mode is more or less neglected and just turns into a bunch of level 500 players stomping other people who then in turn dont want to play that mode anymore. Not just the rampant cheating that destroyed it too.

The fact that the circle doesnt get smaller the longer the match goes on is so stupid. One simple change would drastically improve pacing instead of "who can land a chainshot or grab the ladder first"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.