[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: qugRBGS.jpg (320 KB, 2560x1440)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
How is the only way to have fun in this game with moveset mods? what was miyazaki thinking he should have just made a hack and slash
>>
>boss whips out a three minute long multihit combo
>you can only retaliate by blocking or rolling and then getting one swing in before the boss starts another giant combo
Feels like playing a fighting game but 90% of your inputs are disabled. It’s weird.
>>
I think that just means you aren't all that into the game. Which is fine. Not every game is going to appeal to you, nor should they.
>>
>>683742073
I've played every souls game elden ring is the only one where the player feels more gimped than usual
>>
>>683742189
Okay.
>>
>>683742073
Pull your head out of your arse. Souls fundamentals were thrown out of the window for bosses, while the player barely changed over the years. The bosses DO move and attack almost on a level of a hack and slash action game. It's silly. To me, the nail in the coffin in how jarring the gameplay is comes from how fucked the recovery and wind-up time of everything that requires a high stat requirement. Many sorceries and miracles are borderline unusable. The concepts are cool, but the balancing is retarded.
>>
>>683742068
Things evolved over time. People started to expect difficult bosses. The developers slowly made things more difficult but in latter souls DLCs and now elden ring mid-late game they balanced boss encounters around people summoning.
>>
>>683742189
because you’re fighting against Sekiro bosses with Demon’s Souls movesets
>>
>>683742373
Everything evolved except for the combat.
The only significant change in all these years was a jump button, it’s slow and outdated as shit and feels like a step back from Sekiro and even BB.
>>
>>683742373
>People started to expect difficult bosses.
No, I don't want harder bosses. I just want previous game but more refined, since every title has its own flaws that needs refinement.
>>
>>683742189
Because it is not sark souls. It's elden ring. If it was supposed to feel and play like dark souls, they would've named it "dark souls"
>>
>balanced for summoning
>bosses still have no logic for fighting multiple targets outside of "target whoever damaged you last"

Yeah about that...
>>
>>683742569
Nigga everyone with a brain was calling elden ring dark souls 4 when it came out because it basically is
>>
>>683742530
Fromsoft are probably fucking terrified of changing the combat meaningfully. Players might complain and the souls formula is apparently good enough to sell gangbusters so they're not changing a thing.
>>683742550
Elden Ring 2 might be good when it comes out in 9 years

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.