[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: devil-may-cry-crying-1.gif (2.52 MB, 498x440)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB GIF
>got spoiled for a game i was playing
it's over, isn't it bros?
>>
>>683742245
You deserved it for going on websites where spoilers are posted. I go full media blackout around major releases.
>>
>>683742245
i mean its a video game, only the game part matters
>>
>>683742245
Yes.
>>
>>683742245
Not unless its a story driven game
>>
>>683742245
I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIiiiIIIIIGHT
>>
>>683745383
And depends. I've replayed Ace Attorney and Bioshock games multiple times and knowing the plot twists actually enhances some early story and lore points. Maybe David Cage games are ruined with spoilers but I don't care enough about those games to replay them again
>>
File: 1686578839033.jpg (588 KB, 1440x3305)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
You're experience has been enhanced, actually.
>>
File: 1694086628502932.png (361 KB, 680x680)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>start game a few months later than everyone
>get spoiled everywhere
>start game in the first week, thinking I have some leeway in the first few days to take my time
>people who rushed through the game post spoilers
>start a game day 1
>people who got the game early spoil it
>get lucky and be able to play the game a week early
>leakers spoil the game before it's launched
>invent a time machine in order to grab a game form the future and then return back to my time and play it months before anyone else played it
>the developer personally comes to my house and spoils me
Why does this keep happening?
>>
>>683742245
Were you not enjoying playing the game before the spoiler? There’s more than just 1 plot point in stories.
>>
I remember someone spoiled me HZD when it released and I still remember this fucker comment
Granted the game was shit but I was enjoying it at that time
>>
>>683746902
Fake
>>
>>683751798
Wrong. Everything that makes horror and thriller movies interesting relies on you knowing what’s going to happen but not exactly how or when. It’s the whole idea behind suspense in any medium, you can’t get excited when you don’t know what’s coming.
>oh man I’m so excited for my date with Liz tonight
>you’re going to get so laid!
>NOOOOO YOU TOLD ME SO NOW I CAN’T ENJOY IT, NIGGERMAN SAVE ME!!!!
>>
>>683742245
>play jrpg
>opening movie contains game spoilers
>credits contain postgame spoilers
>>
>>683751798
No just lies made up by a coomer professor who got stripped of his title and was later proven to plagerize and falsify data
>>
>>683752282
name 10 games
>>
>>683752623
Trails in the Sky
Trails in the Sky Evo
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky SC Evo
Trails from Zero Evo
Trails Of Azure
Trails Of Azure Evo
Trails of Cold Steel
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Trails of Cold Steel 4
>>
>>683746902
I fucking hate people who post this study unironically.
>we tested this with blablabla people and 94% actually reported that they liked the story MORE if-
Yeah okay but what about the remaining 6%. What about me. I'm not fucking walking around sucking the spoilers out of the memories of people who intentionally read up spoilers before watching a movie, so they should fucking have the decency to not spoil me if I don't wanna hear them. We can all co-exist. If you wanna spoil yourself, fine. If I don't wanna spoil myself, also fine. But don't run around spoiling others, because I don't think there's a study showing you like a movie more if you spoiled others on it.
I don't fucking walk around making studies saying shit like "Why peanut butter is actually GOOD! 98% of people like it" and then post the study whenever someone says "I'm allergic, please don't shove peanut butter in my mouth". Well, actually, you're a minority according to my study so EAT IT UP
>>
>>683742245
>see spoiler for game i wasn't interested in
>become interested in it
>spoiler moment comes in
>feels lame that i already know it
sigh
>>
>>683752154
>Everything that makes horror and thriller movies interesting relies on you knowing what’s going to happen but not exactly how or when.
Yes, that's why they made the movie like that. Everything that makes the movie good is found inside the movie. Like you said, if you get less info, you don't really have anything to be excited for. But if you get more info (like in the example you gave: knowing how or when it happens) from outside the movie, like someone's tweet or a Wikipedia article, then that makes the movie worse. Because that's not how the movie was meant to be consumed. Otherwise it would have been in the movie.
>>
>got spoiled for a whole game series
>still enjoying it
My pain is far greater than yours.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.