[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are you nostalgic for Roblox?
>>
>>683743064
Yeah, but got banned back in April beause I "stole" someone's T-shirt and pants since 2008 and resold them for tickets.
>>
I vaguely remember playing some paintball red vs blue game as a kid, not really nostalgic for it
>>
for its stock price lol
>>
it was fun when it first came out I had a good times with some friends of mine
>>
>>683743064
Yeah, I miss when there weren't 800 skibidi toilet games
>>
>>683743064
Not really. I played it in 2000's, it was ok, but I moved on.
>>
>>683743404
I mostly remember those obstacle course maps, that often had shit to play around at the end.
>>
>>683743064
A little bit I guess. Honestly was thinking of making a new account so I can play Sonic Speed Simulator.
>>
>>683743064
Yeah, I fucking playing the old deathrun and zombie tower. Or the weird "unstuck" button when you spammed the space key or the "bwomp" when you went ragdoll
The game's identity is currently dead
>>
>>683743064
Actually got my start into digital art because of it. Worked on a lot of clothes for it back in 09 or so. Been playing it again recently but mostly to explore interesting maps and playing dress up with my character. Now that you can change how your model looks, there's a lot of fun outfits you can do
>>
>>683743064
Yes, but I'm not coming back. Stopped playing back in 2016.
>>
>>683743064
Played in the early 2000's and still play it, every update has expanded scripting so there are finally nearly AAA games. Kino until they finally drop the lego characters (which they will try to)
>>
I remember disaster survival the most, vut the King of the Hill and RPG adventure roleplay games were the most fun
>>
>>683744627
>Actually got my start into digital art because of it.
Fuuuuuuuuck, I got into digital art because people unironically paid me for ads in ways.
>>
Does it still have problems with tons of pedophiles who for some reason arent getting banned?
>>
>>683743668
>>683748442
it has been like this for around a decade now
>>
>>683748315
It's funny how life works that way. I did my own ads as well to try to get as many people to buy my stuff. I work with illustrations nowadays but I kinda owe roblox for getting me interested in selling art
>>
File: 1699875058195699.png (627 KB, 1400x708)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>683749051
I mean it's a sandbox game where you can make your own games. Out of practically anything a child could play to potentially get some sort of interest in art/coding, it's very high up there.
Roblox is unironically good.
>>
>>683743064
I come from the timeline where Roblox didn't exist until about 2017. I had been active in Second Life since its inception and was intimately familiar with all its clones and imitators, and not once in my life had I ever even heard of Roblox from anywhere in any circle whatsoever - it legitimately didn't exist. Then one day I woke up and suddenly it was retroactively one of the most popular games on earth that millions of kids had been playing for like a decade and I was the only one who had never heard of it.
>>
>>683743064
Yes. Specially since despite being higher effort, every single game on roblox right now is complete slop compared to the older ones.
>>
>>683743064
I remember learning how to program with this game when I was a teenager
I was always over ambitious with what game I wanted to make and never really completed anything
But I still learned a lot, I'm a software engineer now
>>
>>683749701
I agree, yea. It is (at least it was) an insanely good tool to get kids interested into creating stuff. It's a shame how predatory it is towards kids now, both in the business sense and with how loosely moderated it is
>>
>>683743064
Did anyone here play after the flash? that game in it's prime was awesome when players were contributing to canon events. Did have a lot of shitty moments though.
>>
I still have PMs from MisterObvious on my old account that got hacked, kind of fucked up honestly.
>>
>>683743064
Roblox is pretty much unusable for actual gaming. It’s basically a social hub now
>>
>>683748924
If you think about it, you're actually right.
I remember it feeling like Roblox started failing around '13 and 2014.
>>
my first roblox game was oen where you had a bunch of players stranded on a series of islands with infinitely spawning zombies, and one guy had a mother base out in the ocean that spawned LAATs and they had to fly to islands and save people and bring them to the mother base

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it, shit was from 2008 though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.