[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm literally getting filtered by the controls on super easy...
Also what the fuck is up with having like 25 different status screen options?
>>
first learn to dodge bosses attacks with zero teleport, then learn to use counter force on their projectiles to refill health, then combine the two to kill bosses with phoenix force
>>
>>683748502
I already get fucked trying to switch weapons thoughever
>>
>>683748171
Flame and lancer are the only good weapons and it does help to have more than one of the same gun.
>>
>>683749557
>I already get fucked trying to switch weapons thoughever
The best bet is to just memorize where the opportunities are to switch. Prior to that point, if you can safely teleport behind them when they attack, that usually gives you an opportunity. You only need a second or two to switch.
>>
File: alien soldier epsilon.png (16 KB, 501x471)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
There's a 6-button patch that lets you bind parry and dash to specific buttons, along with a patch that removes the wheel and just makes you cycle through weapons with one button press. Use those if that sounds more convenient for you, personally I prefer the wheel but it's impossible for me to play without the 6-button patch now.
>>
>>683749803
let him use Chaser for his first playthroughs so he can learn the bosses' weak spots
>>
>>683750384
>There's a 6-button patch that lets you bind parry and dash to specific buttons, along with a patch that removes the wheel and just makes you cycle through weapons with one button press
You didn't beat the game
>>
>>683750462
>You didn't beat the game
You're right I haven't since I refuse to beat it with continues so I restart every time I die.
>>
what's a good button layout on a ps controller? this shit has 6 face buttons
>>
>>683748171
yoooooo I remember this game as a kid. this really is one of the goats
>>
>>683750641
It only has 6 if you use the 6-button patch, without it it only has 3.
>>
>>683750641
square > A
cross > B
circle > C
>>
File: ALIEN SOLDIER Cover HD.jpg (1 MB, 1472x2754)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
Where can I go to request a giant poster of the game's cover?
>>
>>683750641
for this game I would put jump on X, shoot on square, and weapon switching on a shoulder button.
>>
>>683750828
>not mimicking Mega Drive's layout
You didn't beat the game.
>>
genuinely still don't understand what the game's story even is. halfway through the intro scroll nothing makes sense to me anymore.
>>
>>683748171
you get used to the controls eventually, just keep at it. and by get used to I mean you form a gameplan around each stage & boss so you already have your weapon ready for each section and simply swap to your other copy of it when ammo gets low
>>683749803
i like buster/flame/flame/lance. or maybe it was buster/flame/lance/lance. Buster is so good on ammo economy it feels great to fire while moving even with the ammo penalty in forma el dorado eagle. i think it's also the weakness of WOLFGUNBLOOD
>>
>>683751149
>Wolfgunblood
I forgot how kino the names are
>>
>>683750956
I've looked through all the resources that exist for the game I'm pretty sure, and I think I have a decent grasp on it actually. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on Earth who cared to even try.
>>
>>683751351
do tell
>>
File: Alien-Soldier-02.png (28 KB, 960x672)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>683751351
>>683751910
>A-Earth is fucked up from what humans did throughout history
>aggressive mutants start appearing, humanity experiments on them, they start developing weird abilities relating to parasitizing life forms and machines
>A-Earth forms a group, Scarlet, to study them and find useful applications
>around this time, Omega is found in the ocean, think Lilith from Evangelion, it basically is the origin of all life
>Scarlet finds that by introducing genetic material to Omega, Omega creates a more 'perfect' life form
>Scarlet introduces the Alpha Plan, where they keep incrementing and creating better and better life forms, in the hopes that Alpha can unfuck A-Earth (Alpha being the end product and pic related)
>they fuck up really early, Sigma Fox is one of the early perfect life forms and takes over the head of Scarlet, changing it from research group to terror organization
>a group called Black Sheep is sent to take out Scarlet but fails, one member is parasitized by Xi Tiger
>>
>>683752121
All this so far can also be found here
https://mdshock.com/2024/04/12/the-incredibly-bizarre-plot-of-alien-soldier-finally-explained/

>meanwhile, humans are being born with strange abilities, a group of young people called X-Ages (also the name of the song prior to Runner in the sound test?) is established in a new research facility called Indigo
>eventually a perfect life form called Epsilon Eagle is formed with powers over spacetime and a will of pure evil
>takes over Scarlet, driving Sigma Fox into hiding, starts a new campaign of terror
>the Alpha Plan is nearly finished, it's just a matter of time
>X-Ages attack Scarlet's HQ, they don't find Sigma Fox, but instead an agender clone, they bring him back
>X-Ages attack Epsilon Eagle - they're able to fuck him up enough that his being is split into halves, his evil intent forming Epsilon-1 and all the power going to Epsilon-2, who escapes through spacetime
>>
>>683752121
but what about Epsilon Eagle being inside some boy
>>
>>683750956
its just edgier kamen rider. Instead of a normal man becoming a cyborg an orphan becomes the host of an alien being and expels the evil from the alien's heart via his purity.
>>
>>683749557
honestly, just plan out what weapons to use for which boss, figure out what you want to pick up at each weapon pickup, minimize switching. game got a lot easier for me when i did that.
>>
>>683752524
>Xi Tiger deposes Epsilon-1, who isn't anywhere near as strong as he once, and he leads Scarlet in a particularly brutal campaign
>the clone that X-Ages brought back is called Fou Misaki, and is entrusted to Kaede Nanase (Seven Force), they get really close
>Xi Tiger attacks Indigo after hearing that some in Scarlet believe the X-Ages are the key to bringing Epsilon Eagle back, he senses part of Epsilon Eagle within Fou
>he takes Kaede hostage to try to force Epsilon Eagle out, Fou's anger and sense of justice stirs Epsilon, and he transforms
>Xi Tiger pisses his pants and kills Kaede, then escapes
>Epsilon-2 chases after him; Indigo recovers Kaede and makes her into a cyborg
>Epsilon-1 also chases Xi Tiger, wanting to merge with Epsilon-2 and become whole again
This is all factual up to this point, but the rest of the game's story is just my interpretation.

>Epsilon catches up to Xi Tiger after a period of time at a spaceport, boarding his shuttle and killing him
>Epsilon fights his way through Scarlet members, eventually coming before Epsilon-2 at last (cut content: a fleet of fighters was supposed to be taking off, before being destroyed by Epsilon-2 at the start of the stage)
>he wins, but the planet explodes for no reason!
>>
>>683752913
so it's space devilman mixed with ultraman
>>
>>683748171
>Also what the fuck is up with having like 25 different status screen options?
because treasure is just that based
>>
>>683753136
that's a better way to surmise it. i thought of kamen rider since the crux of it is the possessed boy turning the most powerful alien against the evil organization it was from which is devilman
>>
>>683752121
>>683752524
>>683753083
Bravo Miyazaki
>>
File: FeEvFmdUYAMWV5T.jpg (213 KB, 1569x1668)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>683748171
>Also what the fuck is up with having like 25 different status screen options?
It makes the game better. Every frame is pregnant with logic. Alien Soldier and Radiant Silvergun are literally the two best games ever made.
>>
>>683752121
>>683752524
>>683753083
How does Seven Force tie into this?
>>
>>683753083
Greentexting is a pain in the ass for this, nevermind that.

I propose that the planet was destroyed through the final product of the Alpha plan, Alpha itself. Epsilon cannot possibly stop Alpha through force, it's a planet buster. So Epsilon goes back in time, to the period before he took out Xi Tiger. He goes to Scarlet HQ, seeking a way to stop Alpha, but finds the place practically abandoned. Kaede/Seven Force was there, cleaning house.

After the fight, Epsilon goes out into space, headed toward the last Scarlet hideout. He fights through the defenses, and presumably, this is where he would confront Sigma Fox, Lambda Bunny, the mantis boss, and finally Z Leo - or Zeta Leo. That big organic mass in the background of the fight is Alpha, in its last minutes of incubation.
There's an unused cutscene planned for this part of the game as well, showing Kaede descending an elevator. It's possible the two made up after their fight, bridging the impossible gap between them, and Kaede may have held off Scarlet pursuers or something. The story was intended to be something of a transcendental love story between two agender barely-human people.
>>
>>683753496
epsilon eagle was dormant within the orphan boy until xi tiger came to the orphanage looking for EE. tiger killed the orphan's friend and the rage made the orphan transform into EE. the evil organization (scarlet? i don't remember) took the body of the orphan's friend and used her as a host for seven force. so the battle against seven force was the orphan being forced to fight the body of his friend/love interest
>>
File: EoqAzJLWMAIVX6_.jpg (593 KB, 2296x1684)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
>>683753496
Seven Force is a means by which Kaede fights. She has telekinetic powers, and is able to control it through them, but only effectively after losing her humanity.
Kaede/Seven Force is absolutely instrumental to the story at its core, to the point of being one of the big 3 baddies on the box, even back when Lambda Bunny was still there. Even Zeta Leo isn't as big as Xi Tiger, Epsilon-1, or Seven Force, which tells me we weren't supposed to take Zeta Leo as the true villain.
>>
>>683753481
>Every frame is pregnant with logic
wtf does this mean you weirdo
is this some new fetish?
>>
There is no real story because the game is unfinished so the story itself is just a barebones outline of what it maybe was supposed to be.
>>
>>683753812
It was actually the human side, Indigo, that forces Kaede to fight Epsilon Eagle. I think they were going for a bit of commentary, how humans are the real villains or something. I mean, Scarlet and Indigo have a lot of parallels.

>>683753868
This is true. But honestly, ever since I was a kid, I just wanted to know what the fuck the story was, and I think this is the best we can get. We only ever got official backstory, but the rest of the game didn't just happen by accident. There was some intent there.
>>
>>683753817
you wouldn't get it
>>
>>683753812
ahem, she was killed after EE awokeneth
>>
>>683752524
>also the name of the song prior to Runner in the sound test?
I think, based on its placement and generally slow pace, it might have been planned for a tutorial stage, fighting through goons in that lab in the backstory. Probably removed after they decided to scrap almost all of the cutscenes in the game, and to start the player off right in the action.
>>
>>683752121
>>a group called Black Sheep is sent to take out Scarlet but fails, one member is parasitized by Xi Tiger
SO THAT'S WHY THEY CALL THE SONG BLACKSHEEP
>>
>>683748171
FromSoftware should remake this game
>>
>>683755773
>MUH FROMSOFT
You guys are trying to take the mantle of most annoying fanbase, although tendies will always be #1, but nonetheless you try really hard
>>
does anyone use the number UIs? why? bars seem always better for glancing.
>>
>>683756001
I use them for the main character's health and ammo, it's more precise. Bars for enemies' lifebar.
>>
>>683756001
I use numbers for health and ammo. I just like knowing exactly how much HP I have and how many shots I have left (for sword or lancer). Boss HP isn't that important so I leave it as a bar.
>>
>>683755886
I duno about that man, just like their games and think they should make a Sci-fi title
>>
>>683756146
They don't need to defile an existing IP for that.
>>
>>683756197
why not? actually I was reading BLAME the other day and thought the setting is perfect for a FromSoftware game

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QWgZDWcnEGc
>>
>>683756298
lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.