[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: teleports behind you.jpg (149 KB, 2053x1033)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
well fellas how we feelin? how many characters do you think will be in on launch and who is your most wanted?
>>
File: teleports behind you2.jpg (180 KB, 1866x1045)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>
>>683750573
>Bandai namco
>licensed arena fighter
>How are we feelin'?
How do you think I'm feeling?
>>
>>683750573
I hate to say this but it doesn’t look good. Something about it just feels “off” so to speak. Maybe it’s the animations, or the cutscenes, or the lack of movement options shown, but I really do think this game might unironically flop for normies, it might surpass Cursed Clash but it definitely won’t reach near Sparking Zero or the likes of it.

That being said, I really do wanna play as Ulquiorra, they said they’ll adapt the Arrancar arc so he should be a fun close-range fighter.
>>
>>683752127
I doubt it will be a complete flop, its coming out at a good time, 1000 year blood war is still airing and bleach fans are starved for games
>>
File: 552202-hisagi.jpg (58 KB, 692x960)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>683752027
I never got the hate for arena fighters
>>683750573
>who is your most wanted?
Shuhei
>>
>>683752859
Oh don’t worry I’m not saying it’s gonna crash and burn or flop as bad as Cursed Clash. Normies and some anime fans might ride the hype train for a little bit but it’s the starved Bleach fans who’ve been playing gacha shit this whole time who’ll properly take their time with this game. That said, even with TYBW around I’m still not sure if this is gonna capture what Bleach fans are looking for so to speak. Part of what makes games like the Budokai Tenkaichi series for Dragon Ball so cool is that they capture the scope for shonen anime battles, it’s why any anime fan or just action game fan can play those games (and also why Sparking Zero hype is through the roof right now), it’s the fucking “makes you feel like Spider-Man” meme but with Goku or some shit instead. Characters in those games did their epic instant transmissions, crashing through buildings, beam clashes, high speed movement and other cool shonen anime shit. Here I just see some sword swings and generic ability activations, even though Bleach characters can and should easily capture what I described before.

Picture this: playing as Byakuya, but instead of static attacks with Senbonzakura which the Ichigo generically blocks and deflects, let the player conjure up a mass of petals and control them dynamically with an analog stick and bumpers to adjust volume, speed, and direction. While the Ichigo player dashes around a massive arena to make sure he doesn’t get hit while finding an opening. That would be a true Bleach fight.

Sorry if that’s poorly typed but I hope you get what I’m trying to say, Sparking Zero can apparently have you hit someone into a building and then fight them inside it, I want a Bleach game to let us do something cool like that too.
>>
>>683750573
I want them to add a few of the cooler anime filler characters because I know every other cool character is a shoe in anyways.
>>
>>683753850
Arena fighters aren't the worst games ever, they're just lacking in depth in order to be extremely accessible and thus become boring quickly. That said, I think this bleach game looks alright and I'll consider picking it up
>>
>>683750573
wish they sued the old art styles of bleach back in the day
>>
File: Capture.jpg (166 KB, 2023x1026)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>683754271
>Sorry if that’s poorly typed
nah I get what you mean but realistically its just hard to implement completely unique gameplay mechanics for every character, dbz is kinda lucky in that regard since for the most part everyone does the the same stuff
> instant transmissions, crashing through buildings, beam clashes, high speed movement
there does seem to be some sort of sword clash thing as well a "teleports behind you" similar to instant transmission. the environments do seem on the smaller side so im guessing no crashing through buildings or anything like that though
>>
File: sword clash.jpg (137 KB, 1857x1037)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>
File: videoplayback2_1.webm (2.18 MB, 1280x720)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB WEBM
>>683756161
>>
File: rukia.gif (985 KB, 256x192)
985 KB
985 KB GIF
Give me Kon
>>
>>683750573
Haribel
>>
>>683750573
I'm glad it's an actual GAME game and not a forced anime fight simulator
>>
>>683750573
Base Grimmjow with pic rel as a super move
>>
>>683750573
I like yasutora, even though he's always had his ass kicked. Aside from that I want absolutely everything usable in future r34 videos, and there's loads of good models there.
>>
File: jTPbsxi.jpg (642 KB, 2373x1701)
642 KB
642 KB JPG
>>683754428
i dont mind how the game looks but it is weird seeing early scenes with the end of the series art style
>>
File: bleach.png (2.33 MB, 1296x1368)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
bleach has so many characters I wonder if we'll even get all the captains on launch
>>
>>683758439
>even though he's always had his ass kicked.
he had it rough, he had to fight shunsui and noritora like he should have fought Zommari or something
>>
>>683754271
honestly im quite hopeful because they seem to understand what makes bleach fights interesting and their progression.

if there were three characters: Ichigo, Ichigo (Bankai) and Ichigo (Hollow Form) then id be pissed.

the whole point of these fights is the progression. starting off with your base zampakuto, fighting a bit, unleashing your shikai, fight more, then finally unleash your bankai/signature moves, as your opponent does the same.

I like how you build up to those big powerups as the fights go on, just like in the anime, so that gives me hope.
>>
>>683761794
>honestly im quite hopeful
same, there does seem to be a level of care about the source material here
>>
File: IMG_1883.jpg (59 KB, 1024x713)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>683755505
>>683761794
>>683762979
I appreciate your optimism anons. It seems like you guys get my point, so I won’t re-iterate it. I’m still probably gonna buy the game to play with friends irl or just something comfy to kill time with like DMC or something.
On that note, if you anons wanted to make a Bleach game of your own, what would you want it to look and play like?
>>
>>683764562
>to play with friends irl or just something comfy to kill time
to me that's what these kinda games were meant for
>if you anons wanted to make a Bleach game of your own, what would you want it to look and play like?
I had a couple Ideas for that, personally I loved shattered blade I know a lot of people hate motion controls but really wanna see an evolution of that on the switch or switch 2 also I was literally just thinking about a suikoden style rgp where basically every bleach character would be playable, I dunno how that would work and it would probably need an original story but I think it could be cool

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.