[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did the ending feel so rushed? They completely forgot to make a final boss for it.
>>
>>683751356
Not every game needs a final boss.
That's a generic videogame trope.
>>
>>683751356
I felt the ending was perfectly fine, if anything the deathstroke fight felt rushed and half-assed.
>>
>western AAA game
>boss fights
Pick one and only one
>>
>>683751356
Very kind of them to end this shit game ASAP
>>
>>683751356
the final boss is doing all the monotonous tank shit to 100% the game to get the "real ending"
>>
>>683751356
Playing this game was so frustrating. I played it years after release, going in with a fully open mind, aware of the critiques but being willing to 100% give it a fair shot and I did. But the fucking bat mobile just kills the entire game, and it constantly forces you to use it.

The stealth is also different, the level design in general is weak, felt like there was less dungeons and interiors. It was a real bummer playing it. Including the batmobile/tank was the biggest mistake they could have done.
>>
>>683751356
>They completely forgot to make a final boss for it.
And you completely forgot that they never made a villain for it either. Arkham Knight just being a Red Hood story was always stupid.
>>
>>683752839
Remember when they out-and-out lied and said it wasn't Jason?
>>
What the fuck happened with Arkham Knight at the end?
>Escapes Batman mid fight
>Disappears
>Random appears and shoots Scarecrow at the end
>Disappears again with no mention

Like what the fuck
>>
City was best
>>
>>683752168
A lot of Side Missions feel rushed. I guess Rocksteady haven't been the best at Boss Fights. Taking out the Penguin in one punch and then fighting an unsubdueable Joker in a crowd of henchmen.
But man... Arkham Knight really ramped up the laziness. Most of the supervillains you fight are pressing one button, enter a cutscene, maybe mash attack, repeat two more times. And then you have like Two Face who I took out on accident. And didn't realize until I cleared his room.

What really felt rushed are the dlc epilogue stories. Its like the wanted to redo Harley's Revenge/Catwoman's side story from City. But they shouldve spent more time on the story in those DLC's instead of going
>combat room
>predator room
>combat room
>predator room
>end game
Put in secrets. Put in Riddler challenges. Do something that makes it not feel like a cash grab. Show how the world is handling Joker's Death or Batman's identity exposure.

The only 10/10 thing about Arkham Knight is the gameplay. Everything else is a solid 4-6/10
>>
>>683752593
It's an astonishingly poor game from every angle. I think everyone pretends to like it so much because they WANT to like it, so they kind of just trick themselves. Rocksteady REALLY shit the bed with Knight.
>>
>>683751356
how did this series make it past the first? terrible combat and detective vision has been one of the worst blights on modern game design.
>>
>>683757065
Same way Spiderman git two sequels. It was the best that we'd gotten
>>
My dream Batman game series would be something like
>Starts around a year or so into Batman's career. Bruce is getting ready to take the mob head on and forms a partnership with Gordon and Dent. However, the mob has been increasingly volatile as of late and is on the verge of a full blown gang war. Falcone, Maroni and several other bigwigs are starting to lose their grip on Gotham and it's making everyone desperate. Increasingly dangerous psychos are coming out of the woodwork and Gotham seems to be on the verge of changing forever.
>You have a high degree of freedom in regards to how you play as Batman. You can try to keep as out of sight as possible, becoming a boogeyman that not everyone is certain is real. Or you could be more theatrical and run around letting everyone see you like you're Adam West or something. You could be more of a tech hero, or you could be more about punching and kicking. You could try to do as little damage as possible, or you could cause massive amounts of property damage and brain damage. Depending on how you play, Gordon may trust you less, and this may affect what ending you get.
>Partway through, Bruce has to take in Dick Grayson. Part of the gameplay involves Bruce bonding with Dick at Wayne Manor. This can also affect the ending.
>The game ends with the downfall of the old crime families. Dent becomes Two-Face and the rise of Roman Sionis as Black Mask, the two of them becoming the new cornerstones of Gotham's underworld, with Batman in the middle having to face this new unfamiliar world.

>The Sequel features the rise of Gotham's age of supercriminals, featuring villains like Clayface and Poison Ivy.
>Bruce has agreed to start training Dick, but he's still not really convinced to actually let Dick become a vigilante like himself. He's mostly just hoping the that difficulty of the training caused Dick to give up.
>>
>>683751356
I think Arkham bros need to come to the realization that City was the best of the franchise.
>>
>>683752168
They realized they couldn't beat the Origins Death Stroke fight so they just phoned it in.
>>
>>683751356
Sometimes a game doesn’t need a final boss. Usually that brings down the experience
>>
>>683760465
So basically what the TellTale game SHOULD have been. By the way I agree that would be the best batman game though I would try to put Robin in somehow and let youbswitch between the two.
>>
>>683760908
Nah, I don't think so. It's better if Robin just gets a separate smaller campaign and just sticks to support in the main story. Unlike Miles, Robin lives with Batman and has access to all the same tools and intels so it doesn't really make much sense for them to be acting separately if they're in the same area. And if Batman's present, it also doesn't make sense for him to act as support.
>>
>>683760583
The original Deathstroke fight was already a phoned in version of the Ra's fight in City. I was so pissed at how much they hyped up that rivalry only for it to be one boss fight. The Azrael one is just as bad. This guy literally fights like Batman and instead of finding a way to show how Batman would defend against HIMSELF you just enter a cutscene and either leave or get beaten up as Azrael. Fuck they couldn't even let you switch to him in free roam.
>>
>>683761183
this

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.