[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4927.jpg (749 KB, 3840x2160)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
>protagonist is just a dude in a jacket and hat
>this becomes their iconic look spanning across games
Man I miss that era.
>>
>>683756695
>that era
The game is barely 10 years old you fucking zoomer
>>
i like how there 25 or so costumes in the first game and they're all just trench different color/pattern trench coats. There was some cool ones you unlock through the digital trip minigames
>>
>>683756851
Yeah... man time flies huh?
>>
>>683757762
>ESL to boot
Figures
>>
File: IMG_4931.jpg (151 KB, 900x1283)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
They had cool names too.
Desmond
Aiden
Mercer
Cole
>>
File: 243470_20231205213526_1.png (752 KB, 1280x1024)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>>683756876
Aiden is just incapable of not dressing like an autist, this is a man in is 40s btw.
>>
File: hq720 (1).jpg (66 KB, 686x386)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>683756695
I wish Watch_Dogs fully commited to being a punisher-like and the sequels were just adding to The Fox's rogues gallery. The hacktivism bullshit was so fucking bad and completely out of line with how most people play open world games.

The fact we never got see Aiden in his prime taking on more characters like Defalt is bullshit. Selling scrapped concepts as DLC cosmetics just added insult to injury.
>>
>>683759094
you're expecting kino from Ubislop. Everything they do will be some form of resistance vs the Templars
>>
>>683758596
Those were just zoomer kid names that were popular at the time. There's not a grown-ass cool man on this planet named Aiden
>>
Here's your video game (comic book) protagonist, /v/ro.
>>
>>683759187
Jaden smith
>>
>>683757921
That is just a normal sentence you fucking mingoloid
>>
File: Max_Payne_scowl.jpg (128 KB, 1400x1050)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>683758596
And then there's Max.
>>
>>683756695
I liked Aiden Pearce a lot and I liked Watch_Dogs one a lot too. Aiden Pearce is the only video game protagonist that I've been able to just fully relate to, and the story and moral elements of the first game spoke highly to me too. It felt incredibly mature and realistic for what it was, just the small choice of whether to kill Maurice or not at the end was sublime.

Watch_Dogs 2 was a good game, but it wasn't the same. Even Watch_Dogs Legion was fun but it wasn't the same. I was ecstatic when they brought back Aiden Pearce for the story DLC in Legion and they treated his character with suprising respect, making him stay true to his old self while also exploring his tortured psyche. In some perfect alternate universe out there we got several Watch_dogs games that were all in the same vein as the first one where you play as Aiden Pearce.
>>
>>683759094
Man this would have been such a cool fucking franchise if it went in this direction. They could have had their very own Marvel slop to milk but they threw it away so they could soapbox about political issues without ever actually saying anything of substance.

Imagine a game series that treats superheroes and villains as just a bunch of violent dickheads fucking shit up for their own personal reasons. We almost had that. Just one or two changes in direction and that would have been what Watch_Dogs was. Fuck Ubisoft. Everything they make is overflowing with needlessly stifled potential.
>>
>first scene he's torturing a guy who killed his niece.
>mow down leagues of cops, gangsters, and dudes just doing their jobs
>destroy an old sex pest's heart by *squints* hacking the pacemaker(?)
>game couldn't actually give a fuck whether you were a good vigilante or a heartless murderer
>last mission you need to decide whether to kill the guy you were torturing
Nice moral choice bro
>>
>>683759341
you almost made a point but i see you've made a typo. thus your whole argument is deflated.
>>
>>683759762
You have to be 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>683759176
I'm not expecting anything. I'm lamenting what could have been. I was given Legion and it's DLC for free and the amount of obvious scrapped designs for super villains and heroes they use are infuriating. Instead it's a bunch of retarded hacktivists that cry when you shoot someone who might not have deserved it.
>>
>>683758596
Nathan Drake
>>
>>683759762
That's part of the entire subtext of the game. You are a monster who's moral choices are always bad.

The reaction Aiden's nephew has after watching him slaughter his kidnappers is meant to drive that point home. It's the one moment of clarity Aiden has in the entire game. He is a monster of such magnitude that those he thinks he protects are afraid of him. It's an actually brilliant approach to vigilantism in a narrative.
>>
>>683760105
Oh I see. Yeah. You're right they should've leaned into the capeshit motif. Watch Dogs could've been on the same scale as inFAMOUS or Prototype with Aiden being more of a hacker vigilante and Blume developing more shit to take over the city/world. Aiden trying to defeat Blume for having unrestricted access to people's privacy.

Instead they wanted ro compete with GTAV and ended up making some of the worst shit...
>>
>>683760629
>A sub 70 IQ troglodyte trying to drive home their entirely misunderstood point to an even less gifted dirtmuncher.
I wish I could say I love to see it, but it's honestly just sad.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.