[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721788624422933[1].png (333 KB, 500x350)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
if a game is carried purely by it's music and graphics, would you call it a good game?
>>
Fortunately for the game in your image, it's a fun platform on top of good graphics and some of the best video game music out there
>>
>>683759586
it has really subpar gameplay and level design
>>
>>683758980
Reasonable challenging, with the BEST two characters. Donkey Kong was slow and had little incentive to play as him, so everyone played as Diddy. Then you get a side-kick who's also Diddy but can glide.
>>
Missing desert and snow levels. The bonus cave levels dont count.
>>
tropical freeze is better
>>
I just wish Diddy had something that made him special, but then again that way of thinking led to the slogfest that was DK64.

As much as I find DKC3 meh, I at leasy appreciate that Kiddy had a stage niche like Trixie.
>>
>>683758980
No. Battletoads has amazing presentation for a third-party NES game, but it's shit since Rare crafted it to be trial and error, gimmickslop intended to waste your time.
>>
>>683758980
>early levels are decent
>improved visuals
>better music than the first game
>diddy and dixie are a little redundant, glide just makes dixie an ez mode
>levels are decent in the first world
>in the second one they start introducing boring gimmicks
>hot air balloon is boring
>it's boring the second time they do it too
>levels start becoming animal friend focused
>next world starts out OK. becomes animal friend and gimmick focused
>next one is more of the same, more fucking animal friends
>next one it's almost entirely about the fucking animal friends
holy fuck dkc2 is shit.
>>
>>683759625
>>683760020
>>683760741
rope
>>
File: p5.jpg (237 KB, 1496x1036)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>683758980
>if a game is carried purely by it's music and graphics, would you call it a good game?
I might call it a good experience with mediocre or poor gameplay. Not sure about DKC2 haven't played it
>>
>>683760020
It is but 2 is still one of the best platformers.
>>
>>683758980
it mogs the entirety of mario, sonic, and kirby combined
>>
>>683758980
I would call it a fun game.
>>
>>683759724
The best solution was to let us pick the characters and then we should save the one we didn't pick.
>>
>>683762073
it's excellent
op is a fag
it's just the music is really good
>>
>>683759724
Hover just gets in the way most of the time, it's only useful to help younger players. I'd rather play as Diddy.
>>
Only real problem with DKC is the amount of map that's on the screen. It's zoomed in way too much and it probably had to be given the specs of snes cartridge chips.
>>
>>683758980
>God tier soundtrack
>Great aesthetic and graphics
>Diddy and Dixie is the best combo in the DK series
>Good platformer with good variety and mechanics. Its a bit hard if you play it legit, or turbo easy and fun if you emulate it
On DKC 3 is the odd one because it has weird enemy design, and nobody want to play as a big gorilla baby with retard strength.
>>
Bait? It's objectively the greatest 2D platformed of all time.
>>
>>683764201
not that big of a flex
>>
>>683758980
the gameboy port filtered me. this game is just too hard for me, and I got tot he end of ninja gaiden.,

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.