[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: re3.jpg (371 KB, 1400x1400)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
Hardcore mode makes it last a decent length of time. It looks great with ray tracing and the settings maxed out. I had lots of fun, and you can't tell me I didn't.
>>
>>683760742
I love it, I just wish that there was a lot more of it. It's criminal that they cut shit like the newspaper office, the diner, the gas station, the park, the cemetery, Grave Digger, the Clock Tower, and the Dead Factory, and just the general sense of exploring the city. Once you get past that opening area, and get power back on at the subway station, you basically get railroaded through the rest of it.
>>
>>683760742
ok
>>
>>683760742
It's fine, honestly. People were (fairly) complaining about it in the context of RE2 Remake being so good, and the amount of cut areas & scenarios from the original, but they did the best they could with those limits. I'd still rather play this than RE7 or 8, and it's not close.
>>
>>683760742
that shit is just DLC to Remake 2 sold as a standoff
>>
>>683761627
i never play either 2r or 3r anymore because 4r is just perfection. it made me forgive how short 3r is and now i like it the same as 2r
>>
>>683761036
I haven't played the original in over 15 years, so I didn't notice the cuts. They would probably have bothered me if I'd been aware. You do get some more non-linear play when you're in the Hospital, but it is small and brief, and it's certainly no Spencer Mansion or Racoon PD. Despite the narrow scope for exploration I somehow didn't find the magnum, but did find ammo and an upgrade for it, which was gay but I suppose it gives me something to do next time.
>>
File: Jill playtime.jpg (2.34 MB, 3840x2160)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>683760742
but using raytracing mode means a lot of mods don't work
>>
*kills nemesis with a barely aimed grenade*
>>
>>683761627
I like it more gameplay-wise than re2r because it's simpler and I don't need to think too much when I feel like replaying, re2r is undoubtedly a better game tho
RE8 is also a better game than it but the horror segments are very on rails and don't hit after the first time, so there's just a huge chunk of not gameplay right in the middle of it that stops me from replaying it
>>
>>683762249
That mod looks like an excellent use of time both for the person who made it and the people who install it, but it's not what I'm looking for in Resident Evil. As someone who grew up a fan of horror, I've been disappointed by the cinema's offerings in the genre for a long time, and it seems to me that vidya is doing a better job these days. I play RE because I want an interactive zombie horror with top-notch presentation, and not to find things I can coom over. So I'll pick raytracing over smut mods thanks.
>>
>>683763050
yeah I usually put some funny character when I'm just going back shooting mr raccoons but even then coomer mods are too out of place
>>
>>683762249
>>683763050
i think there's room for both. i love the boob mods. best part is if you don't like em you don't have to use em

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.