[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 28954.jpg (179 KB, 1280x720)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
I never played WoW. Should I start now?
>>
Should you start now, at the lowest point in the game's history?
Nope. But you're going to do it regardless of what happens in this thread so why pretend you give a fuck?
>>
>>683760780
Yeah if you want to. I would play a private server of the original game (vanilla) first before you give Blizzard money
I also feel like the current game in retail is too saturated with content where as vanilla is a lot simpler / cleaner and captures the feeling of just being some random adventurer a lot better
>>
>>683760780
No
>>
>>683760780
What made WoW great was the community of players that you would find along the way of exploration and leveling your character. Now poor annoying welfare rats and third world scammers invade your space.
The game itself is not very good after being turned into a seasonal storefront refresh.
>>
>>683760896
>Should you start now, at the lowest point in the game's history?
that was shadowlands (aka Legion 3.0)
>>
The last time I played was WOTK before the retarded change to hunters
>>
>>683760780
I reflexively bounce off the end game because it is a soulless treadmill but the levelling experience can be enjoyable. Retail really aggressively pushes you to level cap ASAP and requires giving money to Blizzard so it should be avoided, I would recommend a private server of vanilla, wrath, pandaria, or draenor. A few of those had pretty bad systems problems at level cap but the levelling experience was pretty good, actually feels like an adventure instead of a mobile game.
>>
>>683760896
>Should you start now, at the lowest point in the game's history?
But WoD was a decade ago?
>>
WoW alternatives:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dragon Age series
Witcher series
Pillars of Eternity
Borderlands series
Elder Scrolls series
Gothic series
Two Worlds
Warcraft III XD
>>
>>683760780
Just play a private server instead
You'll get the same isolating communityless experience that you would in retail but with more stable servers
>>
>>683760780
Fuck no
>>
>>683761828
>>683761951
Tell me you honestly think WoW is better now than it was then
>>
>>683762143
>Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
>Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
>Dragon Age series
>Witcher series
>Pillars of Eternity
>Borderlands series
>Elder Scrolls series
>Gothic series
>Two Worlds
>Warcraft III XD
Absolutely not
yes
Only the first one
no
yes
no
only daggerfall/morrowind
-
-
Absolutely
>>
>>683760780
you're literally 20 years late
>>
>>683762586
I haven't played wow since BFA, but it's hard to imagine it'll ever be worse than WOD.
The only redeeming factor was the infinite money idle farm generating me enough WoW tokens to last several years until I finally quit for good.
>>
>>683761951
>WoD was a decade ago
holy shit, it's true...
>>
>>683762949
>I haven't played wow since BFA
Yes anon, that much is obvious but I appreciate your honestly.
>>
File: 1664726565034134.png (134 KB, 268x221)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
if you're gonna play, play classic or TBC
>>
how is WoW better nowadays than it was 4 years ago?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.