[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4542.jpg (18 KB, 800x450)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>the posture bar is the single greatest mechanic FROMSOFT has implemented in their games
Refute this. You literally can’t.
>>
Lmao of course this dies but if this were a thread asking about the lore of John Hollow the Dung Slinger it would reach bump limit. Fucking SOULS fags I hate you so much, your games are unfinished to varying high degrees, Sekiro is their true magnum opus
>>
It should've been shown to you by default in Elden Ring.
>>
>>683760929
They're gonna implement it in their future games I'd reckon.
>>
>>683760929
>Refute this. You literally can’t.
You're right. I cannot.
There's a reason the two best Fromsoft games (Sekiro and AC6) had the posture bar mechanic.
>>
>>683761694
The fact they went back to hidden posture/stagger, continued to hide status build up, and left out Bloodborne's limb-crippling mechanic, is fucking baffling to me.
It's all there. It all works. LET ME SEE WHAT I'M DOING TO THE ENEMY.
>>
>>683760929
It literally ruined Armored Core. There I refuted you.
>>
>>683763810
I don't mind there being no bar, but give me some fucking tells. Poison should colour their flesh as it fills or something, slowly coat them in rime for frostbite, etc
>>
File: 1703663415502198.jpg (552 KB, 1510x941)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>posture bar: lands between >:(
>posture bar: japan =D
>>
>>683763684
i would like a bar in elden ring but the posture bar in sekiro always struck me as pointless, either it matches the hp bar or theyre significantly different in which case why not just have 1 bar?
>>
>>683764116
I'll take it. I just want more feedback from the game. It gives you nothing. You are just wailing on an immovable monster and randomly they stumble a bit, or spray blood, or go cloudy green. There's no indication that you're doing anything and no indication how much you've done. Without feedback you're entirely in the dark as to if you should press the attack, retreat etc
>>
>>683760929
it's just a health bar with regen
>>
>>683764550
It’s moreso how one affects the other bar’s potential to fill up and recover. Add ontop of that how some shinobi can do posture recovery
>>
>>683764697
It is another health bar, but it is THE health bar
>>
>>683764743
the distinction seems pointless to me. you hit the boss until it dies. you could argue that the posture bar regens bug eventually it pretty much stops regening and then were back to it just being a health bad
>>
>>683764550
>>683764743
And how it allows a player to either engage in extremely safe but slow combat, chipping away at enemy health over time, or to stay stuck in the thick of it relentlessly parrying and striking meaning you wore the enemy out faster but were exposed to more danger yourself.
>>
>>683765135
It's not just hitting. You have Parrying, and Striking, as your two methods of interaction. Both are active inputs (as opposed to passive, holding your shield up in DS). One depletes Health and Posture, one depletes just Poster but faster and also allows you to avoid damage. Your job is to balance these two inputs on the fly extremely quickly. Using both well enough allows you to defeat enemies faster than using either one individually.
>>
Oh wow, deplete your enemies stamina to stagger them and deal a critical blow. God of war was 20 years ago dip shit. The only special thing about shitsmear shits twice is the people who treat it like its anything more than a fucking techdemo.
>>
>>683760929
just say you want the game to be easy
>>
>>683765510
I suppose. When I was playing though I never really thought that posture being linked to deathblows felt good. I think it feels better in Elden Ring where posture breaking is easier and results in a large amount of damage.
>>
>>683765778
>>683765904
>Nooo you can’t challenge MY rollslop!
>>
>>683765904
Sekiro was anything but easy
>>
>>683761419
Anonzibart... Forgive me...
>>
>>683766121
it was really easy
>>
>>683760929
>sold less than every single souls game
the market thoroughly refuted it
>>
>>683763684
Ac6 is not posture though its just stagger that you cant get rid of unless you spend a long time not taking damage. In Sekiro you can keep perfect parrying and you ll never get postured. In ac6 the only way is to dodge every single attack to not get staggered.
>>
>>683765904
These games have never been hard.
>>
>>683767085
yes they have been shut the fuck up
>>
Was the elden ring sekiro parry mod any good, I just replayed sekiro last year and it's too soon for another run through.
>>
>>683763684
AC6s combat was ruined by hard lock-on and the shitty fucking posture bar.

Turn speed is whatever but the fact that stagger is so extremely OP to the point where unless your weapon deals large amounts of posture damage its just worthless makes the combat stale and boring as fuck
>>
File: 1631866036872.jpg (65 KB, 1200x514)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>683760929
>Where's my heckin' posture bar?! How am I supposed to just fight enemies without a giant bar telling me when they're about to flinch?
Just fucking hit him, stupid fucking Sekiniggers
>>
>>683764550
>but the posture bar in sekiro always struck me as pointless
Are you retarded?

>either it matches the hp bar or theyre significantly different in which case why not just have 1 bar?
Because you can always fill up the posture bar faster than you can drain their HP. If you almost get posture up but it regenerates, you can whittle off some HP and then try again with slower regeneration. It's a balancing act and the 2 bars lets you decide how aggressive you want to be.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.