[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Spoiler Image (58 KB, 860x484)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Why aren't there more Dune games?
>b-because it would be boring being on a desert planet all the time!
1) Arrakis isn't even a desert planet by the end of the original Frank Herbert series
2) That's like implying all Star Wars games should/would take place on Tatooine, there's other places in the universe that many of the books take place on
I'm sick of RTS Dune games.
>>
Fuck that. It's about time we got a new Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game.
>>
>>683764097
>1) Arrakis isn't even a desert planet by the end of the original Frank Herbert series
Didn't he blow it up? Frankly, his sons were pretty based for having an ultra fanservice ending where the original characters come back and save the day with a bunch of sandworms.
>>
I’m honestly kind of shocked there’s not a CK2 total conversion mod.
>Decision, Duncan Idaho ghola joins your court, perfect for bullying.
>>
>>683764097
This franchise is pretty boring desu senpai.
>>
>>683764807
It was glassed in Heretics, but the sandworms had hidden deep below the surface. They started restoring life in Brian's ending.
>>
With the sheer size of sandworms and the absolutely absurd amount of energy that would be required to traverse the sands, is it physically possible for Arrakis to have enough nutrients to sustain those dumb things?
>>
>>683766959
First book was a pretty fun adventure. Had a number of good moments, despite the shitty setting. Then it got all deranged in book 3 and I couldn't be arsed anymore.
>>
>>683764097
Ive always wondered why there aren't many dune games after i played the fantastic Dune 2 game. That shit rocks. I agreed thay there should be rts dune games that take place in other planets that aren't all deserts. I don't care if it's the OG dune or the DUNC adaptations. I just wanna dune on different planets.

>Arrakis isn't even a desert planet by the end of the original Frank Herbert series
That gave me an idea. How about a dune game where you terraform arrakis little by little and try to conquer the wild?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.