[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>all the NPCs you meet randomly go insane and turn on you or die in a hidden crevice somewhere

Is anyone getting tired of this trope? Feels like satire now when weve seen it happen across nearly 7 different games. It feels like an excuse to not actually have to write compelling interactions.
>>
>randomly go insane and turn on you
literally did not pay attention to the story or dialogue.
>>
My girl Roderika will never leave my side.
All your waifus are shit next to her.
>>
>>683769146
Worst case of this I've seen is Code Vein.
Important NPCs will die for literally no reason locking you to a bad ending if you don't explore the map 100% before accidentally triggering a boss encounter.
>>
>>683769235
The sidequests are impossible to follow without a guide.
>>
I have no idea what you are talking about so the cliche must not be that common
>>
none of the npcs go insane and you know exactly where and why each of them die
>>
>>683769146
They all have their own motivations though. They're clearly not insane, they fight you or join you because of their own goals.

>>683769375
Actual skill issue, they literally show you where all the NPCs are on the map.
>>
>NPC fight where every single NPC has a line of dialogue that basically tells you their life story and why they're fighting or helping you
>retardo OP somehow missed all of that and blames the game
>>
>>683769370
>Code Vein
I got the best ending playing blind because when I play a game for the first time I always explore the game to completion and the not-bonfires give you a percentage of area completion.
You're just a retard like OP.
>>
>>683769146
I dont understand Moore's motivation. Anyways Ansbach was based. Igon was based. Thiollier kinda gay and is the type to shoot at your ear but pulled his weight. Freyja was based. Leda was a bit of a cunt but self-aware and funny so based.

Hornsent was revenge bad sloppa though. Dryleaf Dane was a cunt
>>
>>683769146
>compelling interactions
the dlc has the best interactions in the whole series though
npcs literally do the opposite of going hollow, they decide whether to side with miquella
>"it's up to you now" as radahn takes down thiollier
fucking brutal
the dlc as a whole is a special kind of misery, shaman village is extremely depressing
>>
>>683769829
That would be fine if there was fog walls or something to warn you. It's pretty much up to luck.
Doesn't help that the game constantly autosaves and bricks your run if you don't look that shit up.
>>
>>683769986
from what I gathered moore is the same as gowry, "abandoned" by malenia , finds a family in miquella and his followers, basically the lovable oaf
>revenge bad sloppa
I think that ship has sailed with marika
>>
>>683769370
Worst is Lords of the Fallen. There's a boss that drops a key but if you walk into the elevator immediately next his arena that he's guarding the npc in the previous area will go and murder a vendor who sells the shit you want for a magic build ending both their converging questlines before you can even open the area she's in. You have to actually backtrack to an out of the way door you likely missed and go through it to lower the water level and opening a new area unconnected to the boss you killed to get the key.
Completely insane design and you will never even know the vendor's there because there's no body to find when you go down there, just an empty campsite.
>>
>>683769986
>Hornsent was revenge bad sloppa though
Hornsent was 'make sure you're thorough' imo, same with grandam. Messmer was sloppy.
>>
>>683769146
She was always your enemy without a way to side with miquella, how are people this retarded.
>>
>>683770538
Messmeme was too busy plapping Rellana to care about a hornsent or two
>>
>>683769146
LE DARK FANTASY
Nah it's because Fromsoft quest design is so ass backwards that if you step foot on a new zone or pull a level for an elevator to get you up to a new zone time 'advances' and everyone is falling victim of LE CURSE or X NPC CURSE.
>>
>>683770623
I'm more pissed that the Ranni ending is basically the canon or true ending because its the only one with substantial exclusive content and its the only one that isn't just "MC sits on throne with different background color" mass effect 3-tier garbage

they could have changed that for at least a miquella ending
>>
>>683769146
Shadow of the Erdtree felt like The Winds of Zanzibart to me.
>>
>>683769146
Only reason why Ranni hasn't is because they want to milk her for cash because fags simp for them
>>
>>683769375
Anon even if you don't notice them they even show their icons on the map. Just don't rush the game, go back through old areas a couple times, and you will easily have all the quests done.
>>
File: 1697729735702317.jpg (79 KB, 811x592)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>683770773
She's so cool...
>>
>>683770850
Coomer doll
>>
>>683769146
From soft storytelling and quests are nice because it feels like it rewards me for being inquisitive. Last night I was streaming and tried to figure out what a dev hint meant, after going to the last place a thing was mentioned (Bonny village where they mentioned stuffing shamans in pots) I found an emote. Thinking I'm stupid, but there's more stupid situations in the game, and it wouldn't be the first time I emoted in front of a statue I used the emote near the hint, and unlocked a good chunk of the map.
You can look it up, and I bet most did because it's asinine to expect people to discover that on their own, but it's still really cool when you do.
>>
>>683770770
Pretty much

They failed... endings should mean something
>>
>>683770830
That's the issue really, nobody wants to fucking backtrack to an area there's no reason to be in anymore just on the off-chance an NPC reappears
>>
this is bait
>>
File: 1689932316452.png (140 KB, 562x514)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>683769146
Its so inexcuasbly bad with SOTE.
>ring 3 horns in ruins with giant fingers
>kill a finger who is supposedly "the mother of all fingers"
>some lady wearing Sauron armor and her Carian mage teacher go insane and try to kill you
>the count even goes..."Yuri forgive me"

Even Midra says it about some nameless slut on a painting, even Messmer says it. After Bloodborne they really just stopped giving a shit about anything memorable or believable in quest and gameplay design. And at least with Bloodborne people going crazy can be excused with the cosmic horror entities piercing realities hymen, here it just feels like them taking the piss out of their quest design.
>>
>>683770965
Why? I always find shit I missed when I do it. It's certainly more time consuming in ER than in other fromsoft games, but still. I like when game devs make things that way because even if I don't discover it in the first playthrough I get it in the next, and if I really cared to I'd just look it up.
We're in the era of looking shit up anyways so what's the big deal? At least this way it gives people the choice instead of being sovless and hand holding.
>>
>>683769287
She's fucking emo good luck
>>
>>683769287
Shes literally ugly bastard bait.
>>
>>683769702
>>683770830
They didn't show on the map when I played, and I'm not playing this garbage a second time.
>>
>>683771442
>>683771340
>t. brown SEAmonkeys
>>
>>683769702
>Actual skill issue, they literally show you where all the NPCs are on the map.
This isn't true. They only appear on the map if you've already found them.
>>
File: 00019-3066145789.jpg (32 KB, 450x562)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>683771340
>>683771442
>Cope because she's out of your league.
>Have to settle for some cold, lifeless doll.

Roderika won.
>>
>>683771986
roderika is canonically for hewg's omencock
>>
>>683769146
most of the time it's just so you can loot their cool armors/weapons
>>
>>683771442
>>683771340
Ranni fag no one wants ur coomer doll
>>
>>683772024
>Coombrain will never understand healthy mentor/pupil relationships.
Sad.
>>
>>683772024
See --> >>683772442
>>
>>683772024
Based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.