[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shadows of doubt.jpg (143 KB, 616x353)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
I just started playing this and it's pretty awesome. I just wish you could smoke in game
>>
Let me know when it's out of early access.
>>
>>683769824
pretty sure there's a mod to smoke unless I'm crazy
>>
>>683769824
devs are pussies, wont allow smoking in a noir game but allows drinking despite alcohol killing more now than lung cancer
>>
>>683769824
>Get case
>"There's this asshole who scorned me, I need you to rob him"
>Get information
>It's his shoe size, height, and random facts like the fact that he drinks and eats
>>
>>683772302
>like the fact that he drinks and eats
Just like Hitler... We need to bring this dirtbag down, fast.
>>
>>683769824
Quick rundown? I like mystery and detective games but many of them are garbage.
>>
Holy fuck does anyone have any clue when they're doing the console release? They're so vague and it's on the store but I can't buy it. I'm pissed there's no other games on console I'm excited for, just fps and dark souls ripoffs
>>
>>683772651
Open ended detective sim. You got main cases which are murders and side cases which range from throwing food into people's faces to stealing packages. You get minor info for side cases which can lead to you just getting stuck like this >>683772302
is not an exaggeration. Murder cases are more stable and require you to find clues from around the crime scene like finger prints or left over murder weapons. Requires a bit of open ended thinking to solve since it doesn't hold your hand after the tutorial.
>>
>>683772209
cig enjoyers are more cringe than any of that other trash. girls who smoke are even worse.
>>
>get the ability to break down doors in one hit
>find the hospital computer right next to city hall that contains files on every citizen
This trivializes the whole game. I was excited for sneaking around in vents and all that, but what's the point when buying access to an apartment costs almost nothing? There's no incentive to be so sneaky that you spend minutes hiding under beds and in wardrobes.
>>
>>683773792
Game definitely needs more stealth work. Literally anything can get you caught by someone. Even just moving while crouched in a different room gets people's attention.
>>
>>683773792
you mean I don't have to search the entire city hall database 2 letters at a time anymore when a case only gives me fingerprints and shoe size?
>>
Game had potential but they blew it. Devs are clueless and said 9 months until 1.0 on EA release, when the game barely felt like an alpha and anybody with gamedev knowledge could see it's at least 2+ years to a polished release title (more like 4 years if you actually want to deliver on various promises). 1.5 years later the game still runs like shit and is a buggy mess. The premise was a simulated procedural city block with AI agents interacting autonomously around the clock but the AI is completely braindead and unrealistic and doesn't even have proper perception or memory systems (which Thief had 25 years ago), even the dialogue is a complete joke. Cases are all scripted instead of happening organically as a result of the simulation, so they get repetitive quickly and aren't even immersive, it's no different than a random open world event in Far Cry. And the best play is usually to beat the shit out of everyone and commit various crimes since none of the AI and city systems work realistically anyway.
The Precinct will blow this out of the water entirely, it has lower ambition but will actually deliver on what it promises with polish, since it's an experienced dev team.
>>
>>683769824
Pretty sure this guy's gf killed him but their house has become a crime scene so she left it. How can I find her? She's not at work
>>
>>683772209
You can drink occasionally without getting addicted. The same is not true for smoking.
>>
File: Screenshot (1578).png (3.35 MB, 1920x1080)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
Why is the game retarded? The game asked me to find out who this guy is and I ahve but it's not filling out. I wrecked his place too and took a pic but I can't seem to finish this mission
>>
>>683779518
It's a bullshit mechanic that needs to be fixed but I think the reason is other than the name the two Joshua's have no overlapping info?
>>
>>683769887
fpbp
>>
My first murder case was done by a serial killer and it blew my mind. Because I thought it was just the spouse shooting their partner but then I got a similar murder, but on this scene I found a note. I went back to the first crime and found the same note. The reveal of why they were so hard to catch was that they were an enforcer and did the crimes in uniform. Both victims had diaries talking about being stalked by a tall skinny woman

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.