[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1695917951765999.png (1.74 MB, 1952x3472)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
Giving Joker a bum leg in the Suicide Squad game really feels like the most cynical way to give the character some vague DEI points. Barely anyone even realizes he is technically "handicapped," but in a game with asian lesbian Mr. Freeze, the intentions behind it were obvious: "we gotta make this fucker diverse somehow."
>>
>>683778491
I'm convinced they are using that Blizzard Diversity Wheel while designing characters
>>
>>683778491
>Hey, (you) gamer with a missing leg? Feel bad? Want to escape reality for a few hours? Well here, this mass murdering sadistic clown is JUST LIKE YOU. You are REPRESENTED, feel HAPPY.
>>
>>683778786
weirdest argument ever.
>>
File: 9-seamus-levine.png (153 KB, 600x364)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>
File: cat-smug-face.png (48 KB, 310x280)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>683778491
> They do not consider mental illness as a handicap.

Well, well...
>>
>>683778786
its not about that
its normalization of marginalized groups
Complain about actual issues like games being fuckign worthless and studios getting raped to literal death
>>
>>683779446
This feels like literal forced diversity. Actually tactical. Left leg. Most promo shots don't even show his full body. The leg blends in with his outfit as well. Hell, it's not even his dominant leg. He could fucking still drive a car without a hitch. It is the bare minimum of diversity. No real reason for it to even be there at all.
>>
File: beavisbutthead shut up.png (203 KB, 500x500)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>683778491
holy fuck you fags learned the word DEI this week and just can't stop using it. It's so funny.
>>
>>683779709
Making the Joker handicapped 100% is a DEI thing. It's adding diversity and inclusion.
>>
>>683779617
>no real reason for it to be there
I agree its random and adds nothing to the character
I am just making the argument that it isnt some malicious plot or anything its just some dude(or more likely woman) in the dev team wanting to do this because they think it helps in anyway with representing and normalizing disabled people.
I genuinely think it is only bad cause it is the joker. Make Oracle or something have prosthetics that fits the character but JOKER? Come on.
Anyway at the end of the day the game was made by commitee. The shareholders or rather the CEO and owners of the studio will make their money anyway.
this is just classic misdirection. Dont forget, you are not even Gatsby you are the damn hobo outside his party in this world.
>>
I'm sure they will make a big deal about Deathstroke's age when he gets in
>>
>>683779709
Given that old blizzard diversity chart from a long while back it the type of thing that makes you more aware of how characters are corporately designed to tick a couple more checkmarks.

Like the whole vitiligo push which was previously just a thing relegated to bad Tumblr designs from a decade ago are now seen as an easy way to make a game just a little more diverse and check off a few more boxes.
>>
>>683778491
I also hate the disabled. They should just die

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.