[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 17127-cover.jpg (35 KB, 380x218)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>buy a game
>"uhh you cant use this in ur account's country"
>use VPN
>"uhh sorry ur accoint country is locked, nice try! Now pay full price or GET LOST!"

I think I'm never buying a game on Steam again, thanks Gabe Jewell.

Free Destiny 2 Final Shape key for anyone in Latin America:

49N3H-YVCDM-5TK8R
>>
instead of using this opportunity to play a good game OP is just going to jump to some other garbage GAAS normie ass shooter like warframe or valorant
>>
>buy latin america key from mexican cartels steam key market
>wtf why doesn't this work in molvania!?
>>
>>683780829
Thanks OP
>>
>>683781120
>>683781161
>2001
>Buy Diablo 2 and Starcraft Battlechest at some rundown store in Guatemala for $1
>It works anywhere in the world.

>2024
>Buy [Any Game] in Texas
>YOU CAN'T USE THAT GAME IN MISSISSIPPI, YOU CROSSED STATE LINES ITS A DIFFERENT GAME!
>You need to pay the state taxes, the international delivery fee, the digital relamation tax, and the conversion tax to convert it to a Mississippi version of the game
>(this is a digital title btw)

I hate underagefaggots so much it hurts.
>>
>>683781313
No problem m8
>>
>>683781527
you are a retard
>>
>>683781659
>has no argument

If you underagefags weren't so cute I'd have ended your plight long ago.
>>
>>683781527
this desu. Whatever happened to "well i fucking own a retail copy of this game so I get to play it"... GAAS can suck my fat chode - all it's entitled us to is the right to lose the right to play our games because some faggot somewhere else decided to say no.
>>
File: file.png (206 KB, 380x218)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>
paytrannies deserve what they get
we piratechuds told you for literally decades these companies all detest you
>>
>>683781527
you know games have had regional lockouts since the atari days right

here is a dvd region map from 1997
>>
>>683783114
You mean back when we had things like PAL running at 59hz so there was a physical differentiation?

Surely you don't mean that right? When there was a literal reason and not an arbitrary one?
>>
>>683780829
Why not get a refund?
>>
>>683783314
Ordered it fron a key site. No refund policy afaik.
>>
>>683783280
see that would explain why Australia couldn't play American DVDs and vice versa. But not why the UK couldn't play Australian DVDs and vice versa - they both used 59HZ PAL 480 interlaced.

No, DVD regions were again a licensing thing by studios to arbitrarily control where you could or couldn't watch your purchased media. The reason there were only 6 regions was because at the time the internet wasn't really ubiquitous and they couldn't expect the end user to be able to phone home to identify if they had the digital rights. So they resorted to hardware measures.

DRM has existed in many forms too, most rpg games of the 80s and 90s would have a challenge/response DRM that relied on the player owning a copy of the manual that should have come with a retail version of the game, the argument being that software pirates didn't bother reproducing the manual.

But I'm going on a tangent. The point is that DVD regions were 100% arbitrary restrictions with the sole purpose of allowing studios to tell the paying customer where they could and couldn't use their media.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.