[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2396880-dontstarve.jpg (82 KB, 960x960)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Got in the mood for some survival crafting and decide to get this game. You guys got any tips for a newbie?
>>
Wait for night time, that's when the gameplay starts to get fun.
>>
>>683783878
Wait a sec are you trying to trick me?
>>
>>683783701
chink game
>>
>>683783701
Geometric Placement mod is a must.
>>
>>683784439
no
>>
Wendy's insight when reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>683783701
I've tried starting a playthrough plenty of times but I don't get how to progress farther than eating berries and running from everything. Hit detection sucks for you and enemies can reach across the map to one shot you. Aesthetically I like it but I am just not autistic enough.
>>
>>683783701
Open wiki
>>
Get warm and plant bushes, gather stuff to make fire
>>
>>683785554
This game is all about hit and run. You can't just whack the enemy senselessly. First 8 days, you'll be running around trying to reveal the entire map and picking whatever you find until you find a good spot to put up a base. Then you craft a crock pot so you can get better food. Meatball will be the easiest to make. Then start making drying racks so you can dry some meat in order to prepare for winter.
>>
>>683783701
rush ruins and make star caller staffs for infinite light anywhere you want and celestial guardian to get full moon everyday
>>
Find gold for a science machine asap. Make a backpack and precraft as much as you can
>>
>>683784448
That’s DST. The OG don’t starve with its DLC is a game for white men
>>
Don't check the wiki and learn on your own.
Winter is coming.
>>
you need an open wiki to make any sort of progression or have fun with this game. would not recommend
>>
I really want to like Don't Starve but the combat is so bad.
Hope they make Don't Starve 2 (not DST) and they overhaul the combat. Maybe Rotwood is training for that.
>>
DS >>>>>> DST
>>
>>683788319
made by tencent
>>
>>683783701
Don't make your house near beefalos or pigs. Or at least not close to your campfire.
>>
>>683788451
Rotwood is basically a side scroller. Maybe they are saving the isometric ARPG elements for DS2.
>>
>DST
>Wilson gets skill tree
>It was just a test bed for every other insight skill tree
>Meaningless ""buffs""
>Turns him into afk bot that transforms resources
>Meanwhile everyone else is a direct upgrade to him
Imagine hating the face of your game this fucking much lol
>>
>>683789567
based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.