[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1716072556517186.jpg (1.21 MB, 2560x1440)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
Do you have any fond MMO memories?
>>
No I play CS1.6 and mods
I also play Warcraft 3 and mods
During the 2000s, albeithoughever
>>
Yeah. I played PWI and was the only person in my questing group who didn't have a mount so one of them would always ferry me around and we nicknamed him Taxi.
>>
an e-girl* made** me farm items for her in vanilla WoW
*confirmed vagina haver
**i begged to become her slave and she /laughed and said "You are mine now"
>>
>>683786378
STOP REMINDING ME AHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1716876534708726.png (408 KB, 638x630)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
Plenty from vanilla wow times, first time patching the new update that gave us battlegrounds.
So much fun and doing 10man stratholme and seeing the mount drop, everyone went mad.
First ever raid and people getting drunk and happy banter in ventrilo.
First ever ragnaros kill and i saved my dkp for tier2 pants, my class officer got mad about it because i didnt spend my points for trash drops, we had bid system.

Doing AV matches and logging off, then seeing the same match still going.
No cross realm, so you kinda knew everyone and people had reputation.

That timeline and culture is gone forever.
>>
>>683786378
>Nym sitting on the corner looking left out
Always makes me laugh.
>>
>>683786378
>do you remember thing from older game in the series
>>
>>683786941
What's been going on in the MMOdventure so far?
>>
>>683786378
sometimes I think about Fly For Fun and smile a little bit
>>
>>683787052
about to be on our 7th game. if we can make it to 10 that'll be a fucking accomplishment. I encourage any new anons to join us over on /vm/
>>
I remember my days on a private Aion server called GamezAion. It was quite big and people had reputations and there were certain legions which were renowned. That experience as another anon said is gone, because it was all organic.

My experience is that MMO's used to mimic society/high school.
>>
File: 1716671319124196.png (1.46 MB, 1073x856)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>683786378
>>
File: dofus.png (2.45 MB, 1441x876)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
SOVL
>>
File: 1716671953430706.png (1.19 MB, 938x894)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>683787309
>>
My first boss card drop in Ragnarok Online I lost my shit.
>>
File: 5IgPW.jpg (73 KB, 550x410)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>683786378
Me and my buddies ran a pirate tavern in Ultima Online. Once a GM came to visit our bar and summoned an npc pirate raid on us.
>>
>>683786378
I learned about chinese gold farmers in vanilla wow in the most spectacular way.
It was my second character and I made a warrior. My first was a hunter.
But, I didn't know about gold farmers. I was extremely addicted to playing the game.
It was at a point where I was skipping school and staying up to four or five a.m.
So I just hit lvl 30 and found my way to thousand needles. This was around midnight.
I get all these quests in the shimmering flats and I start doing them all.
I then get a party invite from some random person. At the time it was one of the first times getting an invite from someone I didn't know so I was very excited.
I didn't want to get kicked from party so I didn't say anything. Me and this guy finish all the quests and we make our way toward the final stretch of buzzards.
This is after three hours of questing together.
In this three hours the party lead has been needing on every piece, I didn't mind because I only cared about mail gear weapons and shields.
It didn't strike me as odd because I didn't know how other classes built their characters, so I just kinda accepted that he probably needed those random greens.
But, on the last pack. The blue boe shield dropped. The one with strength and stam.
I was so fucking hyped. It was the first boe blue I had ever seen drop. The other guy was a rogue so no way he could wear it.
He rolls need and I start going off in chat that he's a ninja.
I submit a report on the forums and the next day a gm messages me in game saying he monitored the situation and saw that the guy was a gold farmer.
I didn't get the shield back, but he assured me the gold farmer account was banned.
And that's how I learned what a gold farmer was that day.
>>
>>683786378
hehehe that's me!!
>>
>>683787309
trickster was sovl
>>
>WoW
>playing on a PVP server
>was a hunter at the time
>was flying through Hellfire Peninsula
>see a bunch of players in white robes
>they're all low level (lvl 5 at the most) on the opposite faction
>hover above them to see what's going on
>dismount midair and multishot them all to death and disengage safely to the ground
>>
File: 1719702731237.jpg (2.97 MB, 3840x2160)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
>>683786378
>>683787309
heck yea adventure nerds. hope we revisit some past games again
>>
File: photo.png (3.86 MB, 1920x1080)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB PNG
>>683786378
me & my ffxiv free company.
also played psobb and ragnarok online, miss my time there too.
>>
Yeah, used to no life this mmo called Tales of Pirates. Fondest memory was going treasure hunting on one of the islands when I was new to the game and getting teleported to Heaven, yes, actual heaven. Now later I learned it really isn't that hard to get in there and it's used for a sort of endgame respec quest, but as a newbie it was crazy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.