[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.99 MB, 1024x1024)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
Somewhere, out there in space time lies the perfect Dwarf Fortress / Factorio clone.
>>
Dwarf Fortress already is the perfect Dwarf Fortress clone
>>
Songs of Syx is the closest you'll get way more DF then factorio though there are a lot of manufacturing chains. Been playing it about two years its really good
>>
>>683787258
Going Medievil is what you want
>>
>>683787258
Don't worry, once my game is released you'll have it.
>>
I bought Dwarf Fortress. Now what?
>>
>>683788883
Now you learn. One of my favorite things to do is a humble fort that focuses on lower level crafts rather then precious metals and expensive artifacts. Simple pottery and copperware goods.

Got an amazing map layout, going to go for a semi surface fort run this time boys
>>
>>683789043
I just spent 30 minutes creating 500 years of history. Now I will work. When I return, I will mine.
>>
I retired my fort and decided to play the same world but as an adventurer. After 10 hours of play, I returned to my old fort and everything disappeared except for my old citizens. They're just sitting in an empty field where my fort once was with their old artifacts next to them. Is this a bug or are the dwarves meant to deconstruct their fort? I'm playing the steam version.
>>
>>683792475
Maybe they got hungry. Did you build your fort out of gingerbread?
>>
>>683793247
So it's a bug? I'm new to this game. I want to know whether I should just quit entirely for a few years until they fix more of the bugs or not.
>>
the thing i think dwarf forrtess really missed out on is the AI chatbot trend. If they hooked up chatgtp to the dwarfs so they could talk to eachother it would be on the next level of procedural content.
>>
File: 1666220673353398.jpg (168 KB, 1000x1000)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>683793442
you should just quit entirely, like ENTIRELY
like, just quit already
>>
>>683794981
So is it a bug or not? Google turns up nothing. I know that the game is buggy. I still backed up my save before I converted over to adventure mode so I'm not actually losing anything. I can still go back and play my fort but I'll know to avoid adventure mode entirely at least until it's out of beta.
>>
>>683795178
Its not a bug when you abandon the fortress is left in ruins basically.
>>
>>683793442
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever unretire fortresses, no matter what. Furniture and scrolls are scattered all over the place, zones are lost, the underworld is all revealed for no reason, caged beasts are free to roam in the fortress hallways, water and magma are not anymore in their original pools etc
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Reclaim_fortress_mode
>>
>>683796538
I didn't abandon the fort--I retired it and the game implied that it will continue to operate on its own and that I'd be able to play adventure mode and get quests there and stuff. And it DID work for a time. But it despawned entirely upon returning to it after spending time elsewhere in adventure mode. However, all of the citizens are still there standing in a field acting like nothing happened.

>>683796662
So basically it just doesn't work like it should. Gotcha. That sucks. It could be a cool feature if it wasn't so busted.
>>
Fix and bring back economy
>>
I'm a huge rimworld fan and just love simulation games in general. Should I get dwarf fortress?
>>
>>683797375
I was you a week ago and love DF. It's great but buggy as all hell. One thing I love about DF compared to Rimworld is that when your enemy raids you and lose--they actually feel it. Their population decreases and the more that you beat them back, the weaker they become since the game doesn't just spawn enemies out of thin air to troll you.
>>
>>683797696
That's actually fucking cool. I always thought that part of Rimworld was stupid and made the world feel dead
>>
>>683799031
Yeah, it feels like your dwarves have a real impact on the world. You can take the fight to those bastards, expand, wipe them out completely, etc. Some of them will even hang around your taverns and ask to join you. One lady gobbo did that and I wiped out so much of her goblin tribe that she ended up becoming the Queen of her previous faction even though she was my Queen's subject.
>>
>>683797021
>bring back economy
It was aids
>>
File: 1598180596304.png (420 KB, 1920x1058)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>
>>683787510
that is such a shit name for a game that i won't even bother googling it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.