[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bethesda's reputation has been in decline since the release of Fallout 3 and really fell sharply with Fallout 4 and Fallout 76. Starfield has made even the most casuals out there realize that Bethesda is by far the worst Triple-A studio in the industry.
>>
>>683788184
No I don’t Bethesda of old is long gone, but don’t worry normies (and even worse) Bethdrones will flock like flies to shit when they eventually do start showing it. As if there’s anything Bethesda can be awarded for, it’s their marketing. Todd is very good at hyping a crowd up for a scam.
>>
>>683788184
Interested? Yes, because no other game series even tries to provide the open ended sword and sorcery gameplay I'm looking for. Though all signs point to Bethesda having lost the talent to pull off "Skyrim, but better". I will still buy it day one and, if it sucks as bad as Starfield, I will return it on day one.
>>
>>683788184
Only good Bethesda game was Morrowind. Everything before then was boomer slop, barely even qualifiably as a "game". Everything after that was zoomer slop with no soul.
>>
Would you rather have things not happen and be sure it could never suck, or have things happen and have a chance that it does not suck? What kind of retard question is this? Sure it might be mediocre, but I'm confident there's at least a 50% chance it will be decent and that the TES community will keep the game alive with mods like with skyrim
>>
My interest has been severely diminished after the pintrest leak.
>>
>>683788950
There's no way it'll all be Hamerfell. I'm sure it'll have High Rock as well. Or maybe they go full Starfield and give us only Hammerfell in a procedurally-generated endless desert.
>>
File: kk.png (30 KB, 388x159)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>683788184
>3,500 players online at 5AM on a Friday
Damn.
For a single-player game that came out one year ago, that's fuckin' solid.
Especially since everyone's waiting for mods/DLC and we only just got the mod kit.
>>
>ackshually it'll be the BASED blackman that defeats the (((thalmor)))
I can see this shit from a mile away and it sucks real bad.
>>
>>683788184
>hammerfell
Nope, I couldn't imagine a worse setting for a modern TES game. It's just an excuse for microsoft to put a bunch of nogs in it.
>>
File: skyrim_kangs_an_sheeeit_.jpg (517 KB, 1680x1050)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
Am I excited for TES6: Muh Kangs of Hammerfell? Fuck no, especially not since Bethesda devs are gone and now replaced by AI, procedural generation, Pajeets, and Chinks -- or in other words, soulless things creating a soulless product.
>>
>>683788184
Not in the slightest, I just play Oblivion when I get the hankering and mod it.

They really should be like id and release their source code, for Morrowind and Oblivion in particular, so people can fix their shitty engine and make their own games.
>>
>>683789298

No Man's Sky (eight years old) has 30k and Skyrim (thirteen years old) rarely dips below 12k. The community will never materialize because there's nothing worthwhile to build on. Not even worth laughing at anymore.
>>
>>683790854
they did change a lot of the dev team over the past couple years. A lot of their new hires are from the TES and Fallout nodding community, including that guy with the survival Morrowind mod.
>>
>>683791323
In Monkey's Paw news, I heard the guy that wrote Interesting NPCs got a job at Skyrim and worked on Starfield...
>>
File: 234151369.png (146 KB, 578x897)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
An interesting fact is that even MS knew Starfield was going to flop before its release. They used extremely minimal marketing and spending for Starfield. The game MS spent the most on advertising in 2023 was Minecraft, proving that MS did not consider Starfield to be the next flagship game for Xbox. Bethesda has lost trust even within MS.
>>
>>683789298
>5am
You're brown
>>
>>683788184
Not really, I'm not interested in Bethesda games anymore, even I kind of like their gameplay.
Somebody make better clones of them.
>>
>>683788184
Seeing how long it will take to be released and how long it will take for it to be finished, I just can’t be excited waiting 10+ years for something that at best is Skyrim2
>>
>Care about TES6?
What for? I'll be long dead by then.
>>
>>683788184
>Hammerfell confirmed
Not really I'm more interested in Beyond Skyrim at this point. That is more likely to come out in my lifetime before TESVI kicks their shilling efforts into overdrive.
>>
>>683788184
Yes, all Todd games are good except for F4 and F76.
>nyooo Starfield bad
It's about on par with F3, only worse than Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim
>>
>>683788184
not unless they get rid of creation engine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.