[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (12 KB, 259x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
It's been six months.
How's he been doing with the change?
>>
>>683789140
it is the exact same thing
>>
>>683789140
when will he drop the cancer that is nick calandra?
that retard doesnt deserve to ride yahtzee's coattails
>>
Idk I play games myself and don't watch E-celeb cancer
>>
Saw him interview the Animal Well dev, I've never seen so much hot air blown into an imaginary-non-existant asshole in all my life. What a load of crock and creative writing.
>>
Doing ok, probably making more money than ever because there isn't a big corpo sucking his content dry just to pay him a commission afterwards.
Content wise I miss when he was edgier
>>
>>683789140
I stopped watching after the first one.
It's not very interesting anymore and the old aesthetic was much better.
>>
>>683789140
His videos are basically how they were before, just with a different color palette. Views wise I think he gets slightly fewer, but not a huge change.
>>683789375
He was like the best paid guy at escapist iirc, he was basically carrying their entire video channel. His salary probably didn't change much.
>>
>modern games suck because of.... microtransactions
Some real cutting edge content right there, saying what everyone else is too scared to say
>>
I have been watching yahtzee for 11 years to the point that seeing a video of his was a better way of keeping track of time then looking at the calender. But now if he said he will quit and only write books I would very easily accept that new statu quo cause I just like his books alot.
>>
>>683789140
After I saw that video where the crew was hanging out with Jim Sterling I wrote off the entire shitshow.
>>
>>683789542
I stopped reading them after his first sci fi one because the endings are always such downers
>>
>>683789513
You don't have to pretend you watch his videos you know, you can just say you're not interested
>>
>>683789140
I'm going to be honest, I feel like at some point he transistioned from sarcastic well intentioned thoughtful twat to smug narcissistic self absorbed twat. His opinions are mid at best and if you point it out his goonslobs just croak "HE BARELY SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE GAME THAT MEANS HE LIKES IT"

No he's just /v/ with a fucking pseud attitude
>>
>>683789797
>he's just /v/ with a fucking pseud attitude
so... /v/?
>>
>>683789619
The ending of the Sci Fi book sequel is alot less of a downer
>>
>>683790026
No... BONG /v/...
>>
>>683790026
Fake Liberal /v/ as opposed to real /v/ which is Fake Conservative
>>
>>683789797
People like you are unironically the biggest midwits. Only a retard would watch a 5 minute video and expect cutting insights. They're supposed to be funny, with some nuggets of critique. Nothing wrong if you don't find it funny but why are you expecting anything more, go watch a 3 hour long white guy video essay instead.
>>
Glasses on all the characters is really annoying
>>
>>683789797
The only thing that pissed me off was when he complained about having to grind in Persona 4 when the whole fucking point is to fuse shit. Also caving into the Souls hivemind after one of his friends couldnt stand him not liking it
>>
>>683789797
>at some point he transistioned from sarcastic well intentioned thoughtful twat to smug narcissistic self absorbed twat
Probably when he moved from Australia, leaving poor Gabe behind, who can't curb stomp his ego anymore.
>>
>>683790505
>when the whole fucking point is to fuse shit
that's SMT
Persona is for those who don't want the whole thing to be the fusetism
>>
>>683790301
It's Legally Distinct(TM)
>>
>>683790864
I've been listening to the let's drown outs as well as the windbreaker podcasts, and idk if it's because of the respective environments, but he definitely used to be more of a smug twat in let's drown out.
>>
>>683789604
I love Yahtzee's reaction to hearing Jim say he is pregnant
"Okay then."
>>
>>683789140
In the modern world of hyper eloquent super sperg youtube essayists, his content his pretty quant but he still calls out the industry for exactly why its shit despite being a midwit and he has an undeniable work ethic so I still watch him weekly. It seems like everyone else with a consistent upload schedule is a full on moron rather than just a midwit
>>
>>683791062
He's hasn't called out DEIshit once, in fact Nick (the editor they all left Escapist for) is deep into the anti-white sentiment and spread misinformation to defend AC Shadows
>>
>>683790873
The EXP curve isnt really that different from regular SMT. It slows to a crawl at regular intervals incentivising you to fuse to keep up.
>>
I randomly saw some of the old ZPs and I have to say he sounds a lot less angry and a lot more content these days
>>
>>683791157
>spread misinformation to defend AC Shadows
Where?
>>
>>683789280
Who was kissing who's ass?
>>
>>683791019
>Jim say he is pregnant
I think he meant he's fat. Very fat. Like his shits are the size of a newborn
>>
>>683789140
Everyone he works with are talentless retards that need to shut up about politics.
>>
>>683791157
>Nick
Who the fuck cares about Nick.
Trick question. Nobody does.
All I expect from Croshaw when the game drops is call people retards for making the drama about Yasuke, the first Niggurai, then go for every low hanging fruit imaginable with an Ubisoft open world "rpg" game.
>>
>>683790975
>he definitely used to be more of a smug twat in let's drown out.
Yes and Gabe did take the piss out of him for it. Nice balance, good source for comedy.
>>
>>683791240
On his Twitter
>>
>>683791347
It sounded like after Mirage he was straight up dropping the Assassin's Creed series as a review subject.
I'd hate to think if he did another one, it would be solely to comment on this Yasuie business.
>>
>>683789280
Wasn't that the designer well dude? Don't remember yahtzee doing anything with animal well
>>
>>683791551
*designer delve
>>
>>683791397
What's Gabe doing nowadays anyway? Still making LPs with his trooned out flatmate?
>>
>>683789669
All his videos amount to
>DEI game is bad because of [insert random boomer rambings]
>>
>>683791225
That's because it isn't 2010 anymore, and you can't coast by solely on "angry video game reviewer" any more. His style branched out, and people stuck around primarily because they like his brand of comedy.
>>
>>683793194
If you think the only thing that makes modern games bad is DEI you desperately need to kill yourself
>>
>>683789140
The channel uploads too much nonsense by other people wich makes it harder for me sift through and just watch his actually fun stuff.

One of his other guys swears just makes chatgpt write meta level concept videos and once that suspision was raised I stopped watching them.
The Cold take guy jerking off with his voice is no doubt cool for some children but for me it's obnoxious and distracting.

Stuff like streams i'm just not that interested in. Him having time to process and edit down is where his strengths lie.

Jahtzee doing more stuff or different types of videos than 0 punctuation is fine though. I liked his when he had some footage of going to a gameshow where he showed his own game for a bit. He's an ok dude.

Are any of the others guys stuffs worth checking out?
>>
>>683794195
Bite size or whatever it's called are cool, I even played two small games I saw them cover that I otherwise wouldn't notice.
>>
>>683789201
The disparity between the views anything with Yahtzee in it gets versus anything else they put out without him is almost sad.
>>
>>683794285
i'll check it out and give it another chance, thanks anon
>>
He dodges any Japanese games just to play random indieshit when there's no big AAA western game to mock.
>>
>>683789619
Read his modern magic one instead, especially the sequel.
>>
>>683793194
Yahtzee loves DEI and pozzed video games
>>
>>683789140
The YT algorithm doesn’t give a shit about him and consequently I forget he even exists.
>>
I dropped him after he shat out a Hogwarts review that consisted of having a gun pointed to his head to engage in Rowling derangement syndrome
>>
I rewatched one of his old reviews the other day and he said 2008 was a sad year for games because all they did was rehash existing IPs and franchises and he showed Fallout 3 as an example of that on screen and damn did our standards decline in the meantime because making an FPS out of an old CRPG would be considered peak originality these days
>>
>>683791659
>>683791551
The design delve guy is a genuine retard that got filtered by DD2's intro
Like, he genuinely didn't understand how becoming "Overencumbered" works and tried blaming the game... and all the comments shat on him (before they were deleted, of course)
>>
>>683794919
Fallout 3 is an Oblivion mod not a CRPG adaptation.
>>
>>683794961
Within 30 seconds of watching that guy's content I realized he's a clueless retard who has absolutely no business discussing game design
>>
>>683789140
Decent, but second wind not great, their patreon subs dipped by almost $10k from the initial release
>>
>>683791445
>It sounded like after Mirage he was straight up dropping the Assassin's Creed series as a review subject.

based
everyone should do the same thing
>>
File: NOT-VIDEO-GAMES.jpg (800 KB, 1920x2474)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
>>683789140
Video games, stupid faggot, VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>683797610
The one thing he should talk about is sound design, since that's the only aspect he actually has experience and is working on in the industry. Have no idea why he didn't choose that, would be unique as well, compared to general design, which he has the same insight as, well, a game journalist
>>
>>683789190
Except they also try ten times harder to piggyback the rest of the studio on him.
The other guys are all absolutely dogshit and would get 10 views at most if people didn't missclick on their video thinking it's going to be a Yatzee one.
>>
>>683798031
What, you don't like some spic trying to sound cool or nasally bong condescendingly stating the obvious to you?
>>
>>683798426
I gave all of them a try, really did.
But holy fuck they are all terrible, despite the way above average production value.
>>
>>683789140
I stopped after the Hogwarts video, but I hope xheir continuing fight against terfs is going well.
>>
>>683797745
you're the nigger killing /v/ end yourself NOW
>>
Dunno, I stopped watching him after his DD2 review

>Thinks the game is a sequel to DD1 with direct continuity
>Lied about the MTX in ways that prove he never even read the storepage or understood what a Port Crystal is.
>>
>>683789470
he was the only guy when the escapist died. The escapist website was down and the only thing left going was yathzee.
>>
>>683798031
Cold Take is OK, although he runs the gimmick a bit thin. Design Delve has the same problem but worse because he'll go on a minute long spaz tangent because neurotic breakdown funni but I really wish he'd fucking quit it and just talk about game design.

In general the gimmicks need toning down; Yahtzee can get away with it because even when he's being a smarmy jackass he's still actually talking about the game. These other guys just use it to fill time.
>>
>>683797745
You're the nigger killing /v/, please continue
>>
>>683795028
So does that mean New Vegas us a mod of a Mod?
>>
>>683790873
P4 slinks only work if you constantly fuse shit, since only then do you get the slink bonus EXP. And the creepy guy you kill in the summer is basically tells jack black check. There is no need for end game "null all" autism or anything like that (unless you try to fight margeret, then you want to get boosts, endgame spells and charge), but not fusing at all forces you to grind.
>>
>hated by /v/ back in the day because he shits on jap games
>turns out to be a literal cuckold and best bud of trannyjim
>complete one trick pony who is on cinemasins levels of just "pointing things out"
if you watch this guy, you have serious brain damage
>>
Do we still take this guy seriously?
>>
>>683799708
>turns out to be a literal cuckold
?
>>
>>683789140
one of their dudes recommended dread delusion and I fucking hated that shit, picked it up before the video came out though, I just wanted to see if they ripped into it which they did not to my greatly biased disappointment
other than that, yeah I think his channel's doing fine
>>
>>683799709
>>683799708
No, he is normie as fuck and proud of being a shitter.
Still funny for 3 minutes every once in a while.
>>
>>683789797
>HE BARELY SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE GAME THAT MEANS HE LIKES IT
Where do you think we are? that describes 4chan pretty well
>>
File: oh-wait-youre-serious.gif (1.25 MB, 320x220)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>683799708
>this is the mind of the average /v/irgin
>>
>>683800034
actually now that I typed that dumb shit out, I need to dig that video back up so I know which guy it was so I can close the videos on the spot, that lenient bugger would bait me into buying dogshit
>>
>>683791972
He streams random DOS games every single day. He looks really tired and depressed and there's never anyone in chat.
It wasn't supposed to be like this...
>>
Neat, just realized it's probably been 10 years since I watched a Yahtzee video
>>
>>683800498
I'd assume its the bytesized guy, that fucker gives almost anything a glowing review in the most cookiecutter format possible. There's a reason nobody watches him as well, was just when escapist was prioritizing launching as much new shit as possible, and luckily managed to get in with second wind
>>
>>683789216
>I play games
>posts on /v/
lying faggot
>>
>>683789140
It's the same show but with a background gimmick that no one I'm aware of cares about.
I still like hearing his takes and the quality of his comedy has most been consistent over the years. He's definitely softer than he used to be but I guess that's what happens when you get two kids and a small dog.
>>
He is the nostalgia critic of videogames.
>>
>>683799460
yes
>>
>>683794919
Fun oldfag fact, videogames have been on a decline for a long time. 2008 (and the 7th generation in general) was shit with rehashes, brown and bloom, consolification and retarded graphicsfaggotry. At the same time, things can be better back then because now gaming is even more terrible.
>>
Wasn't "Fully Ramblomatic" the original name for Zero Punctuation he used for the first couple of videos like 17 years ago?
>>
>>683794293
Basically nothing out of the norm as was The Escapist was concerned. It has always been Yahtzee's carousel, the rest don't matter.
>>
>>683803786
Yes it was. Exactly why he went back to it.
>>
>>683803786
Yeah, but because The Escapist blew up (and I guess they held the rights to ZP), he just renamed the show back to its original self and did some minor, legally distinct changes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.