[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: destiny-9781608874224_hr.jpg (213 KB, 1400x1852)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
I don't think /v/ ever gave this game the time of day but for anyone who actually did play it.

Is it decent? Is it basically Halo?
>>
File: 100%.png (475 KB, 3648x3000)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>683799039
>>
>>683799039
It's not like Halo, it's closer to Borderlands.
>>
File: Why not.jpg (175 KB, 500x658)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>10 year old game
>Is it good?! Worth?! is it worth it?! spoon feed me on this! quick qrd?! worth? is it worth it!?
>>
>>683799039
it's very good if you started in 2014 and are still playing, it's not worth getting into now, wait for Destiny 3 and watch a story recap
>>683799157
>>683799274
fags
>>683799197
it's more like Destiny, there's nothing like it
>>
there is no other game that does raids as good as destiny I had some of my favorite moments in gaming when trying to do it with a group a bros
>>
>>683799039
It's shit I played it
to me the appeal was being a space knight in cool armor and killing hordes of alien niggers. but the whole MMO shit is tedious and the game rips you off with the shitty expansions that aren't worth it. Devs also loved 'testing' the playerbase on how hard they are willing to get fucked in the ass and then would backtrack if there was too much outrage, really scummy.

Helldivers 2 is basically Destiny but better in every way and with MMO fat cleaved off. Play that instead
>>
>>683799917
You still play helldiver's? LMAO
>>
>>683800023
yeah it's kinda like Destiny but good instead of bad.
I don't need 6 gorillion normalfags playing it forever to have fun
>>
very anecdotal, but the game seems to be for low iq normy fags.
i tried to get into it a few times, but it's just not fun. just some big gay floaty console game with mechanics done better everywhere else
>>
>>683799039
First game was okay. Second game is shit. It's not like Halo. It's closer to a first person Hellgate
>>
>>683799385
>it's very good if you started in 2014
lol
>>
File: 1000001262.jpg (47 KB, 390x390)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>683799039
I played it when it came out on Xbox. I loved it and still do. they need to bring it to pc (yes, I'm playing d2, but it's just not the same).

the late nights in xbox party chat and browsing random websites to post LFG posts for raids

yelling at niggas to stop running up to crota like retards before we used the sword to break his shield. TELLING NIGGAS TO KILL THE SONG CHICKS

Oryx raid was aight

pvp was great and exotics actually meant something. TRIALS AND IRON BANNER were rare and actually yielded cool stuff. niggas still remember thorn and last word as cancer. then that solar ammo replenishing shotgun was a thing too. vigilance wing coming out...

the first time seeing the cosmodrone and encountering the walkers. it was amazing. first time seeing the vex. amazing. Destiny was amazing and stood out as unique before all the derivative and gay space indie games started coming out on steam (I switched to pc from Xbox a couple years later)
>>
>>683801123
invective. that's the name of the shotgun
>>
>>683799039
It's nothing like halo. You don't pick up weapons or grenades on the fly, you have to go through the bloated inventory system to do that. Borderlands is the inspiration for Destiny and the story is a half-baked rehash of Myth: The Fallen Lords. If you liked borderlands and have 1 or 2 friends to bring in with you, you'll like this as well.
>>
It's almost impressive how the company that made Halo CE could also make a game with enemies that lifeless and boring. Just carboard cut-outs.
I guess they were already hollowed out by that point, but it's still weird to see such dire change of sensibilites
>>
>>683799039
If you play it expecting Halo you will be disappointed very fast. As others have said, it's closer to something like Borderlands because you don't swap between weapons you find in the field, instead you loot gear with better numbers off bosses and events. Also as >>683802034 said, while there's some cool enemy designs, many are bullet sponges.
>>
>>683802657
Being a bullet sponge is one thing. Sure it sucks but I was mostly thinking about how boring their behavior is. It's pretty much Serious Sam tier and that just seems weird knowing old Bungie's sensibilites
>>
The game was finally good near its end. Then destiny 2 came out and it was literally a downgrade in every single way
>>
>>683799039
Do you mean just Destiny 1 or Destiny 2 too?
Destiny 1 was fucking trash before the first expansion and only got good towards the end of its lifecycle
Everything you've heard about Destiny 2 is just as applicable to Destiny 1 whether it's content removal or greedy cash shop
I'm still love both Destiny 1 and 2. It may be greedy broken MMO, but it's MY greedy broken MMO
>>
>>683802034
Halo's main loremaster from CE stuck with the series through Infinite, which was pretty fuckin' good IMO, but that won't stop Fortnite babies and tards from spamming 343BAD.
>>683799039
>Is it basically Halo?
It is Halo stripped of any semblance of soul.
>>
File: 1695812572803605.png (1.39 MB, 1920x1080)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>683799039
>Is it basically Halo?
There's PVP and it's basically Halo but with more mobility, no vehicles and all sorts of magic shit
You even have Halo gun
>>
>>683804967
Fuck 343. They don't get it.
>>
Notmally id reccomend you play warframe instead but the 1999 update looks like trash
>>
File: 4k.png (81 KB, 777x76)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>683799039
It's fucking boring, I can't imagine how it must have been at launch.
The campaigns are boring "go to X and find isolated Y number of enemies/resources to farm in an open field for 15 minutes" until you have to find 5 other jaded retards to farm one of the 4 raids for endgame gear every week (good luck doing that in current year + 10 where the population is slowly dying). Don't forget to do this over and over until you have your subclasses maxed out too.
The music is great, some exotics are cool but most are just worthless and the armor sets range from being ugly as sin to clean cardboard pads glued to a motorcycle helmet.
Genuinely the most 6/10 game I've ever played and the sequel amps up everything from the first game, especially the microtransactions and FOMO garbage model.
>>
>>683807513
>4,4k hours
ouch
>>
>>683804967
>thinks he’s in a position to say what’s soulful or not when he praises 343
lol
>>
>>683804967
>people who disagree with me are fortnite babies and tards
I'm sorry your parents didn't model good behaviour for you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.