[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed(1).jpg (5 KB, 160x160)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>july 2021
>s&box closed alpha begins
>uninteresting globohomo menu
>despicable character design
>barely functional netcode/servers
>zero interesting gamemodes
>overall a bugged mess

>3 full years pass
>july 2024
>s&box public early access begins
>same unchanged globohomo menu
>same shitty despicable design
>even less functional netcode/servers
>even less interesting gamemodes
>somehow more of a bugged mess
It's over. How did Garry Newman fuck things up this badly?
>>
by reinventing the wheel he already made
>>
>>683800841
Garry is a hack, he just got lucky with gmod
>>
>>683800841
he fucked up by not using source engine
>>
File: terry_celebration.jpg (83 KB, 1900x1048)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>683800841
>no server list unless custom gamemode UI allows it
>sanitized workshop with unallowed copyrighted content
>zero default content beside shitty sausage character and plastic weaponry from Rust
>can't import TF2, CS, Portal anything
>scooped out Source backend, remade into ECS Unity-like system
>somehow fucked Source's state of the art server authoritative networking from 2003, bugged desyncing mess
>no monetization strategy, unclear how gamemode developers can profit from creating content
>unstable API, Garry constantly breaking compatibilty like he did - and still does to this day - with Gmod
>runs like utter shit on highend devices
>Roblox wannabe with x10 the computing requirements, can't run on mobile devices
>no appeal to Gmod fans
>no appeal to Roblox fans
>no appeal to any person whatsoever
It's finished, this and Deadlock murdered the entire Source scene.
Abandon ship until it's too late.
>>
Garry Newman is a faggot, that's why
>>
>>683800841
Trying to compete against Roblox.
I bet he feels really stupid now but he shouldn't.
To his credit, I think he may be the only rep for developing Source 2 at this point.
>>
>>683800841
By ignoring me when I warned him. He paid the price I poured the chocolate milk he was cursed then he banned me I forgot. Thanks for the reminder
>>
>>683800841
bring back oify
>>
What's more insane to me is that he has a full development studio, and he can't replicate in several years what took him alone a few months in his 20s.
He doesn't need to make his own engine, just a few maps, some weapons, and some character models that don't look like boiled shit, and ship it with an API that lets you add more of that shit.
>>
>>683806763
He's a 40 year old man with no will or passion for anything, and his team of devs is all boomers around his same age and/or trannies
>>
>>683807146
This. They are millennials however, not boomers. Tranny millennials to be exact.
>>
>>683800841
garry is a narcissistic retard, you shouldn't be surprised

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.